MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill Murray View Post
    Hejsan Göran:

Armour is not my thing, but it looks like a British Light Tank MK V1B with the turret facing backwards.

Bill
    Hej på dig Bill
    Right on spot!! Thanks

Comment

Does anyone have a view on post 1269?
      How about the base vehicle of this wood burner?
      Thanks for looking,
      Kerry.
      Attached Files

Comment

I realize I am asking a lot to identify a truck from the grille alone, but perhaps someone is clever enough to do so:
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi OSS:

I am reasonably certain it is a Ford, most likely a V 3000S German variant as shown below.

Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Murray View Post
            Hi OSS:

I am reasonably certain it is a Ford, most likely a V 3000S German variant as shown below.

Bill
            Brilliant! I think you have nailed it.

Comment

I am stumped on this one. The bonnet louvres look Ford-like, but the right-hand drive and the radiator do not.
              Thanks,
              Kerry.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Most likely a Skoda Popular of about 1935 as we see below.

Bill
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks once again for an excellent id Bill,
                  All the best,
                  Kerry.

Comment

Here is what I think is a 6-wheeled ambulance, possibly French? The camouflage and some damage to the print make it difficult, but, I hope, somebody will be able to identify it.
                    Many thanks,
                    Kerry.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry,
                      Why 6-wheeled ?
                      This is Renault AFB, and i thing the effect of length of the vehicle on the photo is in cause that the back door is opened.

Patrick

Comment

I believe Patrick has this one correctly.

The AFB had a quite long overhang/length behind the rear wheels which in a photo like this can give the impression that there are two rear axles instead of one.

Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

It was the overhang and some damage to the print, which "suggested" the shape of another wheel. So, another mystery solved, thanks again,
                          Kerry.

Comment

Hello again,
                            Bill, having been led by you and Patrick to the answer, I think my photo is of the type AFB 2, rather than the AFB 1 you show. In the process of upgrade the front wings, radiator and bumper were altered to a more military aspect. I do not know if the designation is correct, but those are the titles given by Vauvillier in "L'automobile sous l'uniforme".
                            Cheers,
                            Kerry.

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Very possible. I used the photo I posted as it was the best one I had in my doc file that showed the overhang/length of the rear body.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by kerryboo View Post
                                Hello again,
                                Bill, having been led by you and Patrick to the answer, I think my photo is of the type AFB 2, rather than the AFB 1 you show. In the process of upgrade the front wings, radiator and bumper were altered to a more military aspect. I do not know if the designation is correct, but those are the titles given by Vauvillier in "L'automobile sous l'uniforme".
                                Cheers,
                                Kerry.
                                You are right Kerry, your photo is AFB2, I did not specify it because I did not consider useful.
                                On the other hand Bill's photo is not one AFB Renault, but Citroen 11UB.

Patrick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X