demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tim:

I guess we have to wait for Bert on the first one, it is French but I am not sure what make/model.

The second one is a Horch Standard Medium Personnel Car of the immediate prewar and early war time.

Comment

Here's one more.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tim:

Your last should be a Standard Medium Passenger Car by both Horch and Opel and this one is the later model widely used throughout the war.
          Bill

Comment

Bill, thank you very much for these identifications. I'm going through a huge pile of photos, I could encounter some more in a few moments.

Comment

Here are two more I am curious about.

#1 - car
              Attached Files

Comment

#2 - truck.
                Also, note the license plate. What did WM stand for?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tim.

My, you have come up with some good ones.

I still have no ID for what I believe is the French truck.
                  The passenger car is a Hansa 1100 or 1700 and I think it is the latter.

The last truck would seem to be either a Krupp or a Faun possibly bit I have to look a bit further.
                  Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tim:

WM stands for the German Navy. Wehrmacht Marine/Marin.

Bill

Comment

Thanks once again Rick for your informative replies

As for the truck in #667, could this be a Renault? It has some similarities with a Renault truck I found in an SS photo lot I have.
                      Attached Files

Comment

More.
                        Attached Files

Comment

French truck

Hi Tim, hi Bill,

as Bill already wrote, I´m able to ID the French truck with the help of the excellent book of Francois Vauvillier about French vehicles: it´s a Berliet 7,5 ton truck, type GDLS 30, only 150 were produced.

Thank You, Tim, for the great pic of this very seldom French truck.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Thanks Bert!
                            Only 150 produced.. that's rare indeed! I should have more of my vehicle photos posted here

Comment

I thank you as well, Bert.
                              I don't know why, but I never thought of a Berliet and looked for some time at photos of Willeme and Panhard trucks

And yes, Tim, your other three photos are Renault trucks.
                              I am not sure if they are AHN or AHR models, they look very much the same except for heavier wheels and axles.

Comment

This photo really does not belong here but to revive a good thread - I took it on May 3rd in Dresden from a Feuerwehr festival.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 151 users online. 0 members and 151 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X