FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone recognise these bizarre little cars? There appears to be rear-mounted engine, even an exterior hand brake. Thank you for looking, hopefully someone has seen this type before,
    Kerry
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

The Web Brotherhood is your friend!!

I posted this on another auto history forum and the answer is a Rytecraft Scootacar. Brochure photo is below. I wonder if this photo was taken in The Channel Islands?

Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,
        Thank you for going the extra mile (c1.6 kilometres) with this. Sadly, like so many broken and split albums, the context is lost, but i would think the Channel Islands would be favourite.
        All the best,
        Kerry

Comment

This tanker is French, I think, but I cannot make out what it says on the radiator. Any ideas please?
          Thank you,
          Kerry
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry,

what an interesting pic. It is a Saurer and I think it is the type AD. But I cannot tell You the year of production.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Kerry, It looks a bit like a Willeme DG12 but the big bulge in front of the windscreen is wrong for that.

Comment

Bert and Alan,
                I know that the pre-war French trucks are very hard to identify. I managed to get a copy of Vauvillier's "L'Automobile Sous L'Uniforme", but I still cannot find half of the vehicles I want to identify. Thank you both for your help, it is of great importance,
                All the best,
                Kerry.

Comment

Hi Kerry,

can You tell me Your e-mail-adress? I would like to explain You my ID, because I cannot post pics on this forum.

Regards

Bert

Comment

How about these oversize trucks?
                    Many thanks,
                    Kerry.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Or maybe this one? Whai appears to be the hood ornament, and the radiator badge, are quite prominent, but the quality of the print makes them very hard to define.
                      Thanks,
                      Kerry.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry,

nice to meet You again on this forum.
                        To Your questions: on the first pics a VOMAG type P 30, on the third a captured French Panhard & Levassor type K 91 I think. On Holgers site www.kraftfahrzeugderwehrmacht. de You can compare.

Best regards

Bert

Comment

Hello again Bert,
                          Good of you to help again. I had thought that the first 2 were the same type, but there seem to be quite a few detail differences. The wheels, forward spring hangers, tow-hooks, starting handle access, cab sides (rounded on one, squared off on the other) and mudguard form amongst others. But, given the early date, I guess they were almost one-offs rather than major mass production types. I think that the officer in one photo is short, making the scale look far bigger! So, I am really pleased that you could give me positive ids on these, they were a puzzle for quite some time.
                          My best regards,
                          Kerry.

Comment

Sorry, looked again, not officer, soldier,
                            Kerry.

Comment

Hi Guys......

......After seeing BIGSPANKY'S pics of this machine, taken at the museum in Russia, I couldn't resist hunting these images up from e---! I hope it's ok. If it isn't accept my apology and go ahead and delete them.

I had seen this model kit before, but until seeing the image from Russia I considered it a fantasy. It's so cool I may end up getting and building one.

Comment

Scootacar

Hi Kerry:

I found this a minute ago whilst looking for the propaganda vehicle on the other Forum.
                                British Air Raid Warden Propaganda Photo.

Bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X