Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the significance of the chevrons on the uniform sleeve in this photo? It's something I haven't seen before.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bryant U. View Post
                  What is the significance of the chevrons on the uniform sleeve in this photo? It's something I haven't seen before.
                  According to Angolia, those are the pre 1936 marksman stripes. The horizontal stripe indicates Grade 5, and the chevrons below indicate a sharpshooter.

Hope this helps

Larry

Comment

Marksman Grades

Hi Larry,

How many grades were there? Obviously as a sharpshooter, he was a good shot. However, was a grade 5 a really good shot or was that at the low end of the various grades?

John

Comment

Thank you Larry.

Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                        Hi Larry,

How many grades were there? Obviously as a sharpshooter, he was a good shot. However, was a grade 5 a really good shot or was that at the low end of the various grades?

John

Hello John

It does not say in the book. There were 24 grades with Grade 1 having the least amount and Grade 24 having the most stripes! So I am guessing that that would be on the low end. Though reading further in the section I get the impression that the grades were based on how many weapons you were proficient with. Seems that was how the lanyard system works.

I am way oputside my "Arc's' here, so maybe someone with more knowledge on these will pipe up.

Sorry to be of such little help

Larry

Comment

Grades

Originally posted by Laurence Strong View Post
                          Hello John

It does not say in the book. There were 24 grades with Grade 1 having the least amount and Grade 24 having the most stripes! So I am guessing that that would be on the low end. Though reading further in the section I get the impression that the grades were based on how many weapons you were proficient with. Seems that was how the lanyard system works.

I am way oputside my "Arc's' here, so maybe someone with more knowledge on these will pipe up.

Sorry to be of such little help

Larry
                          Hi Larry,

No problem. I was just curious.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X