Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Italy 1944.

Comment

Nice photos Bryant I really like post 14555! A young (19 year old looking) pistol packing NCO aspirant barley out of the HJ and proud enough of his service there to continue wearing his membership pin! on the other hand he has obviously seen much combat earning the IAB, possibly silver wound badge or is it black? and also the EKII with the frozen meat medal! I can't make out the ribbon bar ribbon, what do you think it is? I would love to have his tropical uniform set up and boots!

The other NCO aspirant in post 14552 is a also a great photo! I can't make out an eagle on his M43 cap? He also spent time freezing in Russia. I like the Whistle braid hanging from his pocket and the worn looking Gefreiter chevron. kinda odd to see a Gefreiter as an NCO aspirant, weren't most Obergefreiter rank?
                            I can't say for sure but the shirt he is wearing looks to perhaps be zippered? looks like a zipper pull there at the top, can you verify this looking at the original photo Bryant?

Thanks for sharing Bryant, I have missed Bill's near every day updates to this thread and hope all is OK!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                              earning the IAB, possibly silver wound badge or is it black? I can't make out the ribbon bar ribbon, what do you think it is?
                              Kevin

KVK2 ribbon.

WB probably silver. It is too even in appearance to be a heavy worn black one IMO.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words Kevin.

I can't make out an eagle on the cap in post 14552. I guess the pinch in the cap is hiding it. It does look like he is wearing one on his service blouse however. He is wearing a zippered undershirt.

Bryant

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 144 users online. 0 members and 144 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X