Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looking back through these pics, on post 50, the guy having his MG barrel checked is wearing an early step in smock WITH NO POCKETS wern't these refered to as training smocks, and used only at the jump schools? would this make this a picture of very late war fallschirmjager wearing a wide variation of uniform?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulmfjr2
      Just looking back through these pics, on post 50, the guy having his MG barrel checked is wearing an early step in smock WITH NO POCKETS wern't these refered to as training smocks, and used only at the jump schools? would this make this a picture of very late war fallschirmjager wearing a wide variation of uniform?

Paul
      Hi Paul,

Pocketless smocks are not jump school smocks, although they are often refered to this way. Early smocks were issued from stored stocks later in the war, likely because production of camo smocks could not keep up with needs. Very few pocketless smocks survived and they are ultra rare.
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Not a picture, but a postcard. Pehaps it has been posted before. I dont know if this its the right place for it, but perhaps some of you would like to view it.
        Its from a book, "Norske Postkort", ISBN 82-04-09778-6. Drawing by Adolf Bocke, printed by Verlag Erich Klingenhammer, around 1940.
        lolle
        Attached Files

Comment

lolle,

Very Nice FJ postcard but not exactly what I had in mind when I started this thread. If you have some original FJ photos to post they will be most welcomed to be posted here. Now saying that I just recently acquired a few more original FJ photos that I like to share.

1/FJR 3 Denkmal
          Attached Files

Comment

FJ radioman

Comment

FJ wearing Gebirgsjaeger caps also the FJ to the far left appears to be wearing an Army FJ Badge.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by W Petz; 01-23-2006, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Two FJ checking out a ruined building

Comment

FJ guarding some Australians or New Zealanders
                  Attached Files

Comment

FJ taking a break along a stone wall.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Three FJ wearing what appears to be Gebirgsjaeger jackets and caps

Comment

Wow, those are some great photos. I especially find the photo with the Anzac POWs stunning. Is the poor guy under the sheets dead. His comrade looks very distessed yet the FJ look callous.

Comment

It does appear the poor fellow under the sheet is dead. I suppose those FJ's were not in the best of moods after seeing many of their close friends slaughtered during the drop on Kreta.

Originally posted by TWP
                          Wow, those are some great photos. I especially find the photo with the Anzac POWs stunning. Is the poor guy under the sheets dead. His comrade looks very distessed yet the FJ look callous.

Comment

Bill, yup. A definitely powerful photo. Thanks for sharing.
                            Last edited by TWP; 01-24-2006, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Here are some recent arrivals. Two FJ wearing British Tropical helmets on Kreta

Comment

FJ in Kreta 2
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X