This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some new arrivals!!
    FJ Gravesite!! written on reverse.... Grabstatte der Fallschirmjaeger Scherber in einem Weingarten bei Malemes Oktober 1941
    Attached Files

Comment

FJ#1 Two FJ with Girlfriends or wives and Family
      Attached Files

Comment

FJ#2 The same two FJ in a Gasthaus
        Attached Files

Comment

FJ#3 Portrait photo of a FJ wearing jump badge and silver wound badge
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
            Hello Theodor,

Very nice and rarely seen photos of Bulgarian Paras...although I agree with Yannis....I too believe I have seen these pics on the forum by Eric Queen.

Yannis if these pics didn't say they were Bulgarian I would have thought that guy with the mustache might be Greek!! - Bill
            Interesting! And not impossible After all, probably many /if not all/ from the Bulgarian group would have a copy of the phoos, probably some German friends/instructors would have prins, too.

One observation about the jumping paratrooper and the photo of the preparation of the parachute - both have straight sides and a bit lower quality, compared to the other two photos. Maybe these are not Bulgarians, but souvenir photos of Germans? /no matter that one is indicated "My jump...." - who can recognize a trooper in full gear, seen from the back /

And finally, this one was also in the group. No FJ gear seen, but a group of Bulgarians. Too fuzzy and distant, but they have Bulgarian and German paratrooper badges.
            Attached Files
            The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

And just to add one small detail. While the Bulgarian paras had uniforms absolutely identical to the Bulgarian AF uniforms /they were part of the AF/ and while their combat gear was absolutely identical to the German, they had one thing unique for their unit - standard Bulgartian army cap typical for all branches, but having on the front the big "butterfly", which is otherwise seen only on the visor hats of the AF. Dream to find such a hat someday
              Attached Files
              The World Needs Peace

Comment

Bill, I just opened a couple of pages in this thread and noticed that it is only you posting here photos, it's your collection here, sorry for hijacking your thread!
                The World Needs Peace

Comment

For Others Too

Theodor im shure its open to all,but W Petz is the only one showing them mainly,i want to show some from books but dont know if im allowed or not,like that copyright law in the front of books,says no copying at all unless permission i think.But what about putting the source or book they came from,does that help?,thanks.

Comment

Theodor,

You have some really nice rarely seen Bulgarian para photos and I'm quite happy to have you post them here Thanks for sharing them on this thread - Bill

"One thing I don't like to see posted is photos out of a book....if I wanted to view them I would buy the book!!! I have alot of new and older reference books plus many war period period books on paratroopers".

Originally posted by Theodor
                    Bill, I just opened a couple of pages in this thread and noticed that it is only you posting here photos, it's your collection here, sorry for hijacking your thread!

Comment

Why Not Exactly?

So no photos from fallschirmjäger books,as i was thinking about doing that,as some are good pictures and maybe some had not seen them too remember!!!,so i am not allowed by the mods to post any here right one last time or not?

Comment

My latest.
                        Nice example of how the yellow colors turn dark in these original pictures.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Photo's Cuff Title Fallschirmjager Regiment 2

I am looking for photographs of men wearing cuff titles's of FJR 2 in the early days (1939 - 1940)... Who can help. I am wondering what the earliest day was they wear these cuff titles.

(sorry guys, I have tried to remove this message as it has nothing to do with the subject. I have started a new topic...

This message can be removed !
                          Last edited by Pietje; 04-16-2006, 01:10 PM. Reason: Please remove message: it was incorrect potsed, nothing to do with topic

Comment

Well, I'll use the opportunity to mess a bit the thread I remembered that someone contacted me about the Bulgarian FJs some time ago. By Email from WAF. Unfortunately I lost all contacts and have no idea who he was. Just got the idea to try here - if still interested - drop a message
                            The World Needs Peace

Comment

Theo,

It wasn't me unless you plan on selling them!!!

Here are two recent FJ Portrait arrivals from the same man Hans Thrun from Potsdam. Written on the reverse it states he was "teilnehmen Mussolini befreiung und + nach dem krieg bei einem Auto Unfall" - A participant in the freeing of Mussolini and died after the war by a Car accident.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by W Petz; 04-18-2006, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Hans Thrun in Tropical Uniform wearing his jump badge
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X