Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ helping a fellow FJ who is either wounded or suffering from the heat on Kreta.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W Petz; 02-04-2006, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Three FJ using a donkey to carry MG Ammo on Kreta.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by W Petz; 02-04-2006, 12:11 AM.

Comment

FJ Officers (one a RK winner) sitting a wall somewhere on Kreta.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by W Petz; 02-04-2006, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Very Good Pictures

Thanks W petz,again never seen these before,are these where(the winter one's,at the start of this thread)?,and when make copies of these for my own use,is it alright to maybe post on other sites just like this,or do mention your name or some link?(like the crete ones too,all new to me.
          Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 02-03-2006, 11:50 PM.

Comment

As stated these were taken in Kreta and I would appreciate it if you did not post any of these on any other site. These photos are for viewing only by WAF members. I must remind those who would want to use them for other than their personal reference must ask permission from me. Thanks. Bill

When you refer to winter please quote which number????? It saves time looking through hundreds of photos - Bill

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger
            Thanks W petz,again never seen these before,are these where?,and when make copies of these for my own use,is it alright to maybe post on other sites jsut like this,or do mention your name or some link?.
            Last edited by W Petz; 02-03-2006, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Ok

Ok ill have to try remember this of your pictures ,not anywhere else,but only for my private use,not on other sites,cool camo smocks in crete, i hvent seen to many of that for shure.Was it crete where these where first used in combat,even though seen some pictures from holland where FJ have smocks with sort of camo on them,maybe done themselves,a picture where kurt student is in it, giving awards or something?.
              Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 02-03-2006, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Crete?

Originally posted by W Petz
                FJ Officer reading a map somewhere in Kreta.
                This is crete realy?,as they have tropical uniforms already,did they not have any at time of the invasion,or this is after the battle had finished,ocupation duty or something?,not tunisia or sicily/italy?.
                Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 02-03-2006, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Looks like tunisia with tan trousers and smocks,and that officer with the long lace up style boots desert style.

Comment

Delete

Wrong

Comment

Tunisia

FJ's with some recently captured French Prisoners...location unknown to me anyone care to guess. North Africa or Italy perhaps?
                      It looks like tunisia ,and that army officer has those long desert style boots on too,and many FJ have tan uniform peices on,and dosent look like italy.(oh yea sorry ill try remember to quote the number etc..,great photos again,,how many do you have?)
                      Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 02-03-2006, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Photos posted were taken on Crete. If you saw some of my previous photos with General Ramcke conducting an award ceremony he is dressed in tropical uniform along with many of the soldiers being awarded decorations. So the answer is yes they had tropical uniforms during the Crete operation.

Comment

Here are some more photos out of Dr. Mueller's estate. This time Holland 1940
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by W Petz; 02-04-2006, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Holland 1940
                            Attached Files

Comment

One more from Holland..on the march!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Photos posted were taken on Crete. If you saw some of my previous photos with General Ramcke conducting an award ceremony he is dressed in tropical uniform along with many of the soldiers being awarded decorations. So the answer is yes they had tropical uniforms during the Crete operation.
                                No it was one with some FJ on motor cycles ,smocks,tan trousers,im shure when they all jumped on crete they all wore eruopean battle dress didn they,so if these are crete ,it is when the battle ended and they got tropical issue clothes,all paras during the fighting seem to wear the dark trosuers,smocks,dark blues tunics from what ive seen in many photos,because never seen any in combat wearing the tropical gear like trousers ,shirts etc..,only post im shure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X