This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill !
    Full force respect for sharing this stunning collection of para pics !!!
    I enjoy each and every one of them !

Comment

Thank you for the compliment....I enjoy them as well. Here is another snap I just picked up. FJ in the middle crouching over is wearing a very early smock with zips going down the full length of his smock.

Originally posted by blackadder View Post
      Bill !
      Full force respect for sharing this stunning collection of para pics !!!
      I enjoy each and every one of them !
      Attached Files

Comment

I posted this photo in one of my other threads but it also belongs here. Gebirgsjaeger graves in Norway....these are Gebj that did jump training and used FJ equipment and helmets to jump into Norway. KIA 28 May 1940
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice photo, Bill! This one shows another view of the same place. Maybe mine was taken before yours (the look of the graves is differente...). Best regards.
          Óscar
          Attached Files

Comment

Óscar,

Your photo is obviously an earlier snapshot of the same graves. My pic shows that it had a little bit more work done on it such as the stone arrangement, Artillery shell and the helmet put on the gravemarker cross of Fritz Wild and the stone arranged hakenkreuz on his grave. Bill

Originally posted by Óscar G View Post
            Nice photo, Bill! This one shows another view of the same place. Maybe mine was taken before yours (the look of the graves is differente...). Best regards.
            Óscar

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
              I think this is a step in smock that was hand camo'ed and not a waterpattern as I originally thought?
              Hi Bill, great fotos as usual.

The smock is not a step-in, as shown by the top pocket-flaps. By all kind of step-ins those flaps end app. 3cm before the shoulder-sewings, later models show the flaps going all the way up to the shoulder-sewings and "melt" with the sewings, like seen here.

Comment

Patrick,

Thanks for your information input on the FJ Smock. Check out this new arrival...unfortunately half of the Cloth Jump badge was cut out of the portrait.

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                Hi Bill, great fotos as usual.

The smock is not a step-in, as shown by the top pocket-flaps. By all kind of step-ins those flaps end app. 3cm before the shoulder-sewings, later models show the flaps going all the way up to the shoulder-sewings and "melt" with the sewings, like seen here.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by W Petz; 10-03-2008, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Another FJ wearing a cloth Badge
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by W Petz; 10-03-2008, 02:04 PM.

Comment

FJ reading what is on the sign for a Wehrmacht Religious Service
                    Attached Files

Comment

Picked up this nice FJ Portrait while at a flea market in Bad Durkheim on Saturday morning. a German friend that I hadn't seen for a long time was at the market and he sold this to me. The FJ is still alive and lives in Ludwigshafen...along with his portrait was also a FJ Badge snap and a postcard with a FJ Badge and on the reverse is his name and written from the Fallschirmjaegerschule Wittstock.
                      Attached Files

Comment

FJ Badge snapshot
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by W Petz; 10-13-2008, 07:29 AM.

Comment

FJ Badge Postcard - Front
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by W Petz; 10-13-2008, 07:33 AM.

Comment

FJ Badge postcard - Reverse side
                            Attached Files

Comment

I found two other FJ Postcards at Flonheim on Sunday. Here is #2 - front
                              Attached Files

Comment

FJ Postcard #2 - Reverse side
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X