Attached Files

Comment

A few new arrivals - Jan09 - FJ #1
      Attached Files

Comment

New Arrivals - Jan09 - FJ #2
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a HG FJ Portrait....I have another portrait of these two newlyweds posted on my RGG/HG thread.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
            Flonheim - Jan09 - Fallschirmjaeger#3 - Another pic of RKT Major Koch and unk DK winner
            The same Church ?

Comment

The unk. DK winner is Oberleutnant Kurt Reinhardt 8./Sturm-Regt.
              Thomas

Comment

That sure looks the the same church!! Is that Church located in Brittany?? If so then this might have been a visit to the 3rd Para Division sometime in 1943. The 3rd was later moved to the fighting in Normandy in 1944.

Thomas....thanks for the ID which adds up as I believe the 8th Sturm Regiment belonged to the 3rd Para Division. The visit also had to take place in 1943 as Major Koch died as a result of an accident in October 1943.

Originally posted by POLICE View Post
                The same Church ?

Last edited by W Petz; 01-19-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

It's the church to DUCEY Manche Normandy !

That sure looks the the same church!! Is that Church located in Brittany?? If so then this might have been a visit to the 3rd Para Division sometime in 1943. The 3rd was later moved to the fighting in Normandy in 1944.

Thomas....thanks for the ID which adds up as I believe the 8th Sturm Regiment belonged to the 3rd Para Division. The visit also had to take place in 1943 as Major Koch died as a result of an accident in August 1943.

Comment

Philippe,

Thanks for IDing the location!! Enjoy the image I sent you since your parents come from Ville Ducey Manche, Normandie!!

Here is another arrival.....FJ Officer on a horseback during the Kreta welcome home ceremony!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill and everyone,
                      I rushed to think that he might be Major Eduard Leopold Edgar STENTZLER, commander of the II./Sturm Regiment 1 by Crete. He was seriously wounded, dying afterwards, at Petruschino, Russia, on 19 OCtober 1941. There are some known shots showing him riding a horse during the Kreta welcome home ceremony...
                      BUT... His rank collar patches belong to a Hauptmann, and STENTZLER was promoted to Major in July 1940....

Thanks for sharing. Óscar

Philippe,

Thanks for IDing the location!! Enjoy the image I sent you since your parents come from Ville Ducey Manche, Normandie!!

Here is another arrival.....FJ Officer on a horseback during the Kreta welcome home ceremony!!!
                      Last edited by Óscar G; 01-21-2009, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Thought I would share these recent pick ups with everyone. One photo in particular may look familiar.

Larry
                        Attached Files

Comment

Possibly Tunisia.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

I've always liked this photo and am thrilled to finally own it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Óscar

Thanks for the information....I hope you are right. Here is a new arrival FJ with MP38.

Originally posted by Óscar G View Post
                              Hi Bill and everyone,
                              I rushed to think that he might be Major Eduard Leopold Edgar STENTZLER, commander of the II./Sturm Regiment 1 by Crete. He was seriously wounded, dying afterwards, at Petruschino, Russia, on 19 OCtober 1941. There are some known shots showing him riding a horse during the Kreta welcome home ceremony...
                              BUT... His rank collar patches belong to a Hauptmann, and STENTZLER was promoted to Major in July 1940....

Thanks for sharing. Óscar
                              Attached Files

Comment

Larry,

Excellent Tropical FJ photos! Thanks for sharing them here!!
                                Here is a recent pickup from a photo album I just acquired from a forum member. FJ in Sunny Italy!!!

Originally posted by Larry F. View Post
                                I've always liked this photo and am thrilled to finally own it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X