AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a nice in the field portait shot. I'd like to figure out what the description says on back. Any ideas?

-Chuck
    Last edited by para03; 01-05-2006, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Chuck, some great shots, your photo I think 998 FJ with Brits, looking at the Brits, do you think its an exercise photo? The only reason I ask that, looking at the booting and trousers of the Brits look similar to the FJ's with them?

Anyway still great pics.
      Regards
      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

and here's the description on back of the photo below. Any help translating this would be greatly appreciated ! Say, it looks to me as if the cap eagle is sewn on and not the typical metal one. Your opinions please.

-Chuck
        Last edited by para03; 01-05-2006, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Bill, thanks for the continuation of great photos, I would agree with the pinning of the thread, my couple of subtle comments in previous additions have gone unnoticed, but we can keep trying.

Here's a nice photo of H Mayer
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Si

Comment

an interesting thought Simon. I can't really tell from the image I posted...I didn't think to look at the foot gear or to imagine it could even be a training shot. I'll take another look at the original and see if I can get a better glimpse at the boots.

Originally posted by Simon 1964
            Bill, thanks for the continuation of great photos, I would agree with the pinning of the thread, my couple of subtle comments in previous additions have gone unnoticed, but we can keep trying.

Here's a nice photo of H Mayer

Comment

Hey Chuck,

If it helps, I was looking at the chap, behind the officer, next to the smiling FJ, also I was wondering what the "Brit" next to the FJ with their backs to the camera what he had in his hand it looks like a para helmet!!?

Either that or I need to get back on the medication
              Regards
              Si

Comment

I want to say thank you to everyone that posted pictures in this incredible thread!!

And today i proudly present my first FJ photo. I purchased it today and i am very happy. I guess the first one will allways be something special
                This thread and Erics book have waked my interest for the FJs.
                I am looking forward to get more photos. I sure will share them here.

Here it is:
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting Sven. If that's your first FJ portrait, you started off at a run. Awesome image! I like ! It's great to see more people sharing their FJ photos. Simply can't get enough of these images !

Comment

Hi Sven,
                    As per Chuck's comments, this is a great portrait, worthy in any collection.

Well to the thread and FJ collecting, now that the bug has bitten you there's no way back

By the way you don't want to sell your photo do you?
                    Regards
                    Si

Comment

Sven,

Welcome to this thread and congradulations on your first FJ pic. I see you are from Stuttgart. I left Stuttgart a year ago! I worked at EUCOM. I found many photos at the flea markets in and around Stuttgart..and lived in Gaertringen. Looking forward to any future FJ pics that you maybe posting.

Simon,

Nice Pic!! I agree with you on the FJ & Tommy photo! Eric had a photo posted with FJ clowning around in Tommy helmets but I believe the pic that Chuck posted is a FJ Training scenearo. FJ's wearing zelts over their FJ uniforms and donning Tommy helmets.

Chuck,

Again Nice Photo!! The reverse side of your photo is in old German which is usually hard to translate unless you are taught it. I believe it says Meunum kleinum fruend...von Irheum? Rudi (My little friend..from your Rudi). Maybe one of Old German members can better translate.

Here are some FJ Tropical pics from the same signals group that I posted although they aren't wearing FJ Jump badges you will see in one photo the wearing of sidelace jump boots.

Comment

Tropical pic #2

Comment

Tropical pic #3

Comment

Tropical pic #4

Comment

Sven, I forgot to mention your fantastic FJ Portrait photo....I believe he is wearing a water pattern smock..which you don't see to often. Love it Bill

Comment

Thanks @all for the kind words. I can´t stop watching the FJ portrait

@simon: Let me think about selling it...........NO
                                @Bill: I live in the part of Stuttgart, where the EUCOM is (S-Vaihingen). So i guess you were one of those guys who went to the flea market 2 hours before the market officially opened to get all the great photos
                                So now my chances are much bigger as before with you back in the states

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X