EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sven,

You got it!! Flashlight in hand....you know what the old saying is "The early bird gets the worm". The University platz was good...I found a bagfull of Tropical stuff...many photos and alot of other paper items!! another favorite place was the Festplatz in Tubingen. Unfortunately there were plenty of others walking around with flashlights as well...including other Americans!! I don't want to appear like a Desert scavenger like Simon... but SS photos might be something you would be interested in for a trade!! We love to do some horse trading here in Texas!! Yeeehaaww!! Bill

Comment

S*** Bill my secret is out

Planning an invasion to Germany next year, I will make a note of these places, so Sven watch out

Are these a weekly or monthly event?
      Regards
      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Hi everyone:
        Just another small contribution to this big thread...
        Obergefreiter Siegfried Bähr from 5./FJR3, shortly after the bitter fighting at Cassino in April 1944.
        Attached Files

Comment

Josef Müllegans from Fallsch. Lehr-Rgt
          Attached Files

Comment

Josef Müllegans again
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Oscar,

Thanks for adding these great portraits, your contribution as previously is greatly welcomed
              Regards
              Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Ola! Oscar....I haven't heard much from you but this is a good way to keep in touch...Great Portrait photos!! Especially the tropical pics

Simon...I should have said Desert Bandit

Here are some pics of FJ Sanitaters!!

Comment

they seem to be working on medicinal supplies!! Here is another

Comment

more FJ Sanis

Comment

another shot of the FJ sanis on a train

Comment

@Bill: I went to the Uni today but nothing there, i just bought 2 poster sized photos from WW1. But on another market (Cannstatt) i bought 2 nice IAB for 80 Euro

@Simon: I guess we should rebuild the Westwall
                        About the markets: Some markets here are every weekend and others (like the one at the university) is just once a month

Comment

Sven,

I must have taken everything with me when I left Germany. Uni was good for awhile but it was declining in finds a few months before I departed. Cannstatt is a good one as well....so many small little flea markets around the Stuttgart area..sometimes you have good luck in finding things. My friend John Carr now hits all these markets...he even goes downtown to the Schlossplatz. I won't tell you where my favorite flea market is though...Simon would be hopping on the next flight if I told you Cheers! - Bill

Comment

Hi Bill and Simon:Thanks for your kind comments. I´m glad you enjoy them. It´s always a pleasure to share these pictures. You are working hard for this thread, so that you´ve become the real "masters" . Keep on showing them!
                            All the best. Óscar

Comment

Oscar,

I plan on posting as long as others do!! I made that promise when I first joined this thread. I think Eric emptied out his junk box...but my Booty box still has a little bit more to show. Bill

Comment

Here is a change up from the normal FJ closeup photos!! These are actual Jump training pics...usually you see the FJ's lined up going into the the Auntie Ju but not a whole lot of pcs showing them jumping and landing. Those who have been through Jump school know what these young and soon to be qualified paras are going through. Here is a few pics
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X