Der Stahlhelm! Bund der Frontsoldaten!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
    Yes, for the "Deutscher Abend" at September 5, 1929, haha!!
    For a very, very short time.

Comment

Now i search this rare uniform [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Masch19 View Post
        Now i search this rare uniform [emoji2]
        Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
          From what do you conclude it to be Stahlhelm Bund der Frontsoldaten, Blackwatch?
          It's reverse has that name printed. Unless the seller made a mistake and posted the wrong photo front to the back which happens sometime

Comment

Are these young men Stahlhelm? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackWatch1 View Post
              Are these young men Stahlhelm? Thanks.

Looks like Polizei in my opinion.

Comment

It's dated 1933 if that helps

Comment

Bavarian Police.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

I got lucky at a recent auction and was able to acquire these 2 very nice Stahlhelmbund badges, one a named Wehrsportkreuz and the other a first model Bundesstern. Since they came together, I'm assuming that they are from the same guy. This is the first Bundesstern I have come across in my many years of collecting. Are they that rare/scarce? Chris
                      Attached Files

Comment

The bundestern is the first I have seen
                        The whersport is a high number of 936 , I would say privately engraved as my knowledge only the first real low numbers were purposely engraved when issued or to a personality which this maybe
                        The pin is not the normal pin I have seen on other badges also the middle helmet pin is solid and not like other whersport badges. These are the obvious differences I see.

Thank you for showing fantastic find
                        Last edited by chris clark; 01-05-2016, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Hi can you post better pics of both badges please? Of the Eagles heads
                          Last edited by chris clark; 01-05-2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

The Wehrsportkreuz anyway has the correct information. The number matches with this information.

It was granted for five years to Heinrich Dreyer from Ortsgruppe Zwischenahn from the Landesverband Oldenburg-Ostfriesland and announced September 10, 1933.

It was published then and as to be granted between July 1 and August 1933. It was one of the last announcements.

Comment

Thanks, Bill! I can always count on you with that database/library of yours to match the badge number with the recipient. I really appreciate it. Chris Clark noted some differences between this Wehrsportkreuz and others that he is familiar with, but this must be attributed to slight differences between makers because I have yet to see a reproduced/post-war version of a Wehrsportkreuz. Do any even exist?
                              There are other pictures of the Bundesstern, both 1st and 2nd models, within this great Stahlhelmbund thread so I am surprised that Chris Clark says that this is the first he has seen (in circulation I'm guessing). No one has answered how rare/scarce these Bundessterne are, but if the man, Chris Clark, who owns a pair of 1918 Stahlhelmbund badges, does not have a Bundesstern in his collection, then I'm guessing there are very few of them in existence? Might be my best find ever, especially since I paid less than a Wehrsportkreuz goes for by itself for the both of them. About time I had a little bit of luck in this expensive hobby. Thanks again to Bill and Chris for your input.

Comment

As far as I am informed the Wehrsportkreuz was manufactured after the war for the new Bund. And by the same manufacurer as who did this in the 1930's. But honestly said, I do not know who, as I can't find the name in my files.
                                The Bundesstern one does not see that often. In my opinion rarer then a Wehrsportkreuz. Practically most of the insignia, to be worn with the leather shoulder-belt, are hard to find.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X