No announcement yet.

Der Stahlhelm! Bund der Frontsoldaten!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought the Bundesstern was only worn by leaders (Kreisleiter, Gauleiter and higher). If true, it would be quite rare.

Who was contracted by the Stahlhof to make the Stahlhelm membership badges, the Wehrsportskreuz and the Bundesstern? Or, were there different makers for each? I've heard Steinhauer & Luck, Assmann, Heinrich Timm etc. over the years. But, I've personally never seen any proof. I think the idea of Steinhauer & Luck arose because they made the Jungstahlhelm sword and the silver helmet hat badge.
    Last edited by Brian L.; 01-06-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
      I always thought the Bundesstern was only worn by leaders (Kreisleiter, Gauleiter and higher). If true, it would be quite rare
      I have many regulations about that. To much to post it here, but in "Die Bundestracht des NS.Deutschen Frontkämpfer-Bundes (Stahlhelm)", the uniform-regulation from July 1934 it is mentioned as:

a) larger Bundesstern: Bundesführer (the founders actually did not wear it. Their shoulder-belt was smaller);
      b) larger Bundesstern: Bundesleitung, being Bundeskanzler, Bundeskämmerer and Bundespressechef;
      c) smaller Bundesstern: Bundesleitung, being Abteilungsleiter and Facharbeiter (Hilfsarbeiter did not wear it. Their shoulder-belt was smaller);
      d) Larger Bundesstern: Landesführung, Landesführer;
      e) smaller Bundesstern: Landesführung, 1. und 2. stellvertreter des Landesführers;
      f) smaller bundesstern: Landesamt, Leiter des Landesamtes (Mitarbeiter did not wear one. Their shoulder-belt was smaller);
      g) smaller Bundesstern: Gauführung, deputies and Mitarbeiter did not wear one. Their shoulder-belts were smaller;
      h) smaller Bundesstern: Kreisführung, Kreisführer, deputies and Mitarbeiter did not wear one. Their shoulder-belts were smaller;
      i) smaller Bundesstern: Ortsgruppenführung (over 200 comrads), Ortsgruppenführer. Deputies and others did not wear one. Their shoulder-belts were smaller;
      j) ibid for Ortsgruppenführung with less then 200 comrads.
      So, the larger stern was worn by a few persons only (a, b and d). A friend of mine owns some.
      Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-06-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
        I have many regulations about that. To much to post it here, but in "Die Bundestracht des NS.Deutschen Frontkämpfer-Bundes (Stahlhelm)", the uniform-regulation from July 1934 it is mentioned as:

a) larger Bundesstern: Bundesführer (the founders actually did not wear it. Their shoulder-belt was smaller);
        b) larger Bundesstern: Bundesleitung, being Bundeskanzler, Bundeskämmerer and Bundespressechef;
        c) smaller Bundesstern: Bundesleitung, being Abteilungsleiter and Facharbeiter (Hilfsarbeiter did not wear it. Their shoulder-belt was smaller);
        d) Larger Bundesstern: Landesführung, Landesführer;
        e) smaller Bundesstern, 1. und 2. stellvertreter des Landesführers;
        f) smaller bundesstern: Landesamt, Leiter des Landesamtes (Mitarbeiter did not wear one. Their shoulder-belt was smaller);
        g) smaller Bundesstern: Gauführung, deputies and Mitarbeiter did not wear one. Their shoulder-belts were smaller;
        h) smaller Bundesstern: Kreisführung, Kreisführer, deputies and Mitatbeiter did not wear one. Their shoulder-belts were smaller;
        i) smaller Bundesstern: Ortsgruppenführung (over 200 comrads), Ortsgruppenführer. Deputiesand others did not wear one. Their shoulder-belts were smaller;
        j) ibid for Ortsgruppenführung with less then 200 comrads.
        Who was contracted for manufacturing is not exactly know. Steinhauer & Lück was mentioned, but there is no proof. Not even for the badges with year-numbers. After the war they did make things for the new Bund. It was said they held the old dies. About Assmann and Timm no evidence, but it is practically sure they did not! I have never found any shred of material about who were contracted by Der Stahlhof, which code is to be found with most of the badges with year-numbers.
        Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-06-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

No collectors with new stuff in their collections?

Comment

Hi,

On post 460, a *first model* Bundesstern is shown, could you please tell me if this picture shows the second (or later) model?

Thank you,
            Robert

Comment

Stahlhelmbund Cuff Titles

I'm still hoping to hear from someone out there if a der Stahlhelm regulation booklet exists defining/listing all of the regional/district/gau/specialty/etc. cuff titles that were worn (I would be happy with just the official/approved ones if that even exists). In the meantime, I can show you at least 21 of them in my collection and I know of 6 others bringing the total to at least 27, but I'm sure that there are more. Thanks for looking, Chris (PS - if anyone has any that I don't have in my collection and wants to sell/trade, I'm all ears.)
              Attached Files

Comment

Stahlhelm visor cap

A nice Stahlhelm peaked hat. This cap is missing the maker's details inside. The chinstrap is of very poor quality material, (not leather) which has a simple single prong buckle. The side buttons are plain, black painted.

Comment

Like that cap a lot! Great shape to it.

Here's a nice lightweight tunic to add to the conversation.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And the sleeve shield.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And I like that lightweight tunic with the sleeve badge, lovely to see!

Comment

Thanks,

Not really my area any more, was even considering selling my Stahlhelm items! But then saw it and couldn't resist. Hope i don't have to move it on when my bank account realises what I've done!

Comment

Here are some shots of the Tunic now in my possesion, with cap and belt.
                          Unfortunately I only had a very small bust and no stand so I had to make do for the moment. But even so I think it all looks quite good together.
                          Attached Files

Comment

There's a possibility I might have to move this on at some point. Having Jags as a hobby too isn't overly healthy on the wallet.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Stahlhelmbund Cuff Titles Update

I was hoping to hear from someone on this forum regarding Stahlhelmbund cuff titles, but nothing so far. Are they really that rare/scarce or are they just not that collectable? As expensive as the campaign, branch, Luftwaffe, unit, formation, commemorative, and SS cuff titles are, I see five to ten of everyone of those for sale for every one Stahlhelmbund cuff title that I encounter. Regardless, I have been quite fortunate the past 8 months and have added some very nice examples to my collection (female ones in silver on blue are especially hard to find). I am up to 36 and always looking. Please do contact me if anyone out there has one for sale/trade that is not depicted on the attached collection pictures. Thank you for your interest, Chris
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice collection with some very scarce examples.

While there are many Stahlhelmbund collectors, there are only a very few on this forum, which is probably why you haven't had any comments.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X