Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KGr Muehlenkamp Text

Klaus,
    The book will be around 300 pages long, but that is only an estimate since the layout is not yet complete. As far as text goes, it will include an introductory chapter, 4 essays about the battle, biographies of the commanders involved, and last but not least, the photo captions themselves. Not counting bibliography and other appendices, the book is 22,631 words long, most of which are descriptive of the photographs themselves. Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Doug Nash
    RZM Publishing

Comment

Thanks! I'll definitely buy it!

Comment

I got the muhlenkamp book looking forward to the next book.

Is there a book on the 12SS HJ coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
          RZM is now working on its upcoming book, "UNTERNEHMEN ILSE" about the events of 27 April 1944 outside of Kovel. It will be another large-format photo book like its predecessor, Kampfgruppe Muehlenkamp. In addition to featuring more outstanding photos taken by Ernst Baumann, this book will also highlight the imagery of the SS-PK photographers Jarolim and Mielke, all three of whom accompanied various units of "Gruppe Gille" on that day, providing varied perspectives of that short but violent fight.

Soon I will start a new thread for this book. But for now I will post it here.
          Also this is not the cover of the book but only a quick announcement.
          Thanks.

Remy
          Any news on the publication of this new book?

Comment

Upcoming Book Status

All I can say at this point in time is that the book is now at the Printer's. The release date will soon be announced by RZM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nash View Post
              All I can say at this point in time is that the book is now at the Printer's. The release date will soon be announced by RZM.
              Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the book!

Comment

Doug Nash: Please clear your PM box, it is over the limit.

Comment

The book is currently at the printer and will most likely be ready for release in early May 2019. The promotion for the book will be happening soon and a new thread will be started to promote it.

Comment

Early may. Any update?

Comment

Unternehmen ILSE

It's at the printers' in Hong Kong now. Remy is reviewing the proofs they sent him and they look fantastic. There are a couple of ink color related issues with two or three pages to sort out, otherwise it's looking like several thousand copies will be shipped very soon to the USA (via an actual ship) and it ought to hit the stands sometime in July. I won't divulge more details, but will rather leave that up to the RZM marketing department. All I can add to that is that it will have been worth the wait, for this will be one of the finest photographic studies of any single battle on the Eastern Front.

Comment

Unternehmen ILSE Book

The latest news is that RZM's new book about Unternehmen ILSE will be available for sale after 15 August 2019. RZM is actually accepting pre-orders now. Here's the link to their website: http://rzm.com/books/rzm/rzmbk018.cf...Opaq1pT-HCizrE
                        Attached Files

Comment

If the price is really the one shown on RZM's page, RZM has gone crazy. E.g. the new massive book on the Bismarck is priced at less than half of that, yet is not just a photo album. Or a recent Finnish unit history with 608 pages in 22 cm x 27 cm format and hardcover is priced at 40 euros per book. If the print run is really 2800 copies, the unit cost cannot justify a price of $150.

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
                            If the price is really the one shown on RZM's page, RZM has gone crazy. E.g. the new massive book on the Bismarck is priced at less than half of that, yet is not just a photo album. Or a recent Finnish unit history with 608 pages in 22 cm x 27 cm format and hardcover is priced at 40 euros per book. If the print run is really 2800 copies, the unit cost cannot justify a price of $150.
                            If the last book retailed for $85 and the new book is double the size. Then guess what? The cost to make it is double as well. Believe me this is not some cheap paper text book printed with one ink. If you own Kampfgruppe Muhlenkamp then you know what to expect with the quality of our product. With the -10% discount the retail is more like $138.- per copy.

Comment

Looks like it's going to be an awesome book! Will there be a UK reseller or will it just be available from RZM?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveFive View Post
                                Looks like it's going to be an awesome book! Will there be a UK reseller or will it just be available from RZM?
                                Thanks.

In answer to your question about availability in the UK. Yes we will be sending a shipment over for distribution in the UK. This way the postage will be reasonable from within the UK and also to the rest of the EU. But it will take a month for the books to arrive. Once I have the names of the dealers who will be carrying it i will post their names in the official thread I have started for the book.

To follow more details about the release of the book and to discuss the subject, I recommend everyone to go over to this thread which i have started today.
                                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1011241

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X