No announcement yet.

Forthcoming book: Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news, congratulations! I made sure to buy a copy from Tom at Aberdeen, because I foresaw just such a situation. I'm glad I was right, and didn't miss out.

Comment

Remy - I am not at all surprised that your outstanding book is selling out so quickly. I really appreciate my copy of this special book.

Comment

I don't know if the word "beautiful" is appropriate for a book about war but this book is BEAUTIFUL. The unique photographic material is outstanding and so is the quality of each photo. As a reader of many books I have felt that one area where the publishing industry has not improved and I think in many cases has in fact declined is the reproduction of photos. RZM Publishing is one publisher that is consistently bucking this trend and this book proves what can be done. The research and text in the book by Douglas Nash and Remy Spezzano is likewise excellent, accurate and to the point. The overall quality of the book, the binding, pages, etc is excellent.

The subject matter encompasses an operation conducted in eastern Poland in mid 1944. Mainstream historians and so-called experts on the Second World War mostly always focus on the Normandy battles (D-Day, etc) during this period of the war in Europe and no doubt will continue to do so. Spezzano and Nash are genuine experts in their field and most importantly are prepared to take on the less researched and more difficult subjects. I for one really appreciate that.

One fact (at least in my opinion) that many of the photos in the book convey is the excellent combat leadership of the Waffen-SS (ie: their elite divisions). Many photos by this SS-Kriegsberichter Ernst Baumann, who embedded himself with the troops, show young and charismatic officers leading from the front. Every picture really does tell a story in this publication.

The book really is a gem and exceeded my high expectations. No doubt for the rest of this year we'll see more new books on D-Day, the Battle of the Bulge and Tiger tanks, but hopefully RZM will be able to produce more of their type of books in the coming years. And I thank 'em in advance for that.

Great work guys - love your stuff !!!

Peter

Comment

Agreed. It just doesn't get any better and I can't get enough of this book. Amazing content and can't wait for more of the same.

Comment

Can only concur with above this book is a master piece will appeal to all tastes wether into uniforms,vehicles or unit history excellent work.Shows it wasn't just Wittmann,Peiper,Dietrich who served in the Waffen-SS,how long before someone is asking about a black shirt/Kümmel style.
            Hope there's more to come

Comment

Thanks gentlemen for the nice feedback. Your appreciation of the high end photo reproduction motivates me to stay the course and to continue to produce more photo books of this quality.

I published my first photo book "God, Honor, Fatherland" in 1997 and have always been passionate in the pursuit of achieving great photo reproduction. This Muhlenkamp book is the result of many years of trail and error. So it's nice to finally get it right to the point where it has exceeded my own expectations.

The reason you do not see this type of photo reproduction by other military book publishers is due to the simple fact that it's very expensive and time consuming to produce and print. Plus it's only really justified when you have really nice images to work with. The Baumann photos are something special and were completely deserving of this style presentation.

There will be at another 4-5 photo books forthcoming which will showcase more of Baumann's great photography, so stay tuned!

Comment

That is excellent news Remy which I am sure many readers of your outstanding books will welcome. I hope our wait is not long.

John

Comment

I just received my copy today in the UK.

Congratulations to Remy and Doug on an outstanding book.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary T View Post
                    I just received my copy today in the UK.

Congratulations to Remy and Doug on an outstanding book.
                    Thanks Gary! Glad you are pleased with the book and it was worth the wait.

You were one of the lucky ones to get a copy. Last week our UK distributor
                    Casemate informed us that they had sold out of the book in less then two weeks.

Comment

Still available here in the Uk
                      http://www.bookdepository.com/Kampfg.../9780974838984

Comment

Originally posted by leib1 View Post
                        I just checked the link and it shows that it's currently unavailable.
                        However Amazon UK does still have some copies in stock for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
                          I just checked the link and it shows that it's currently unavailable.
                          However Amazon UK does still have some copies in stock for sale.
                          Yes not surprised it's sold out by now they were selling at £34 free pp

Comment

LAST CALL to own a copy of this book!

Right now as of June 18, 2016 Amazon USA has 24 copies left in stock.
                            Once they are sold the book will be completely SOLD OUT.

There most likely will not be a 2nd printing. It is very costly to produce a high end
                            book like this and we have several more like it in the works. So the money will go
                            towards the printing of new titles instead.

There may be some copies for sale here and there but I am sure they will be sold
                            at premium prices. Here is the link if you are ready to get one before they are all gone.

https://www.amazon.com/Kampfgruppe-M...ppe+muhlenkamp

Comment

This book is simply amazing.
                              One of the best I have ever seen.

Comment

The fact this is selling fast

The emphasis on high quality photos where the detail hits you in the eye

Interesting unit/ uniforms/ vehicles/ battle in more ways than one

Good enough for me

Just ordered mine and looking forward to it

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X