Forthcoming book: Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New RZM Book

Actually, it's at the graphics department getting some cleanup done on some of the photos. Once that's done, they will be reinserted into their proper sequence in the book and the whole kit & caboodle should be off to the printers by the end of the month (September) with a release date of mid- to late November just in time for the Christmas season. Hang in there just a little bit longer...

Comment

Can't wait for this book. Really looking forward to it.
      I love the format and quality of the photographs!!!

Comment

Well the good news is I signed off on all the printer proofs this week and they will start printing next week with books ready to ship in 4-5 weeks. Due to the lengthy transit time from Asia to the East Coast of the USA we will not have books in stock for sale until the end of December or early January 2016.

Believe me no one would like to see this book in print more then me.
        I spent an excruciating amount of time going back and forth with the printer to make sure everything is perfect. Even though we had high resolution scans made from the original wartime negatives, there was still quite a bit of clean up work I had to do in Photoshop. I knew I had only one chance to get it right the first time around and I'm happy to report all the hard work paid off and the photos look exceptional.

Here is a quick look at several pages taken with my iPhone to share with you guys. This is a full size press test sheet I got from the printer last week. Keep in mind this book will be 12 inches in height and 24 inches wide when viewing a large photo. And because the book size is so large and printed on premium matt paper the pages will lay flat. So there is no loss of image in the center area. As you can see the photo reproduction quality is outstanding. When you have the book laid out in front of you there will be so much detail to pick out in every shot.
        Attached Files

Comment

One more!
          Attached Files

Comment

The book has been printed and is now going to the bindery. I should have an advance copy in 2 weeks. I'll be sure to post some teaser photos until the rest of the books arrive in the warehouse. Should be here early January 2016.
            Attached Files

Comment

Worth the wait

Based on past experience, Remy's books are always worth the wait. They have Excellent, high quality photos and very informed text to support them. This provides the focus that I need to inform my interest in German combat units. My order has been placed and I will treat this one as a late Christmas present to myself!

Michael

Comment

Received an advance copy this week from the printer and I must say the book looks great!

I will post a few photos to show everyone the book is now officially in print.
                Now we just have to patiently wait for the shipment to get to my warehouse in Connecticut
                from Hong Kong. Estimated delivery date is first week in February 2016.
                Attached Files

Comment

Finally! It exists!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good deal, can't wait to get my copy. On wait you have 2 copies there you can send me one of them!
                    Tim

Comment

Looking forward to getting mine !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I wish I was reading it today, but this is one of those "better late than never" cases!

Comment

The other day I was flipping through the German book "Panzergrenadiere der 5. SS-Panzerdivision "Wiking" im Bild" published by Deutsche Stimme Verlag in 2008, which is a reprint from the old Munin Verlag book published originally in the early 1980s. In the book is a two page spread showing a photo which is also in my new book coming out in February.

When friends or customers ask me why I am so obsessed with the pursuit of high quality photo printing?, I can now show them the two page spread from the German book placed next to my new book and let the comparison speak for me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That is a great improvement in the image! I doubt anyone at the old Munin Verlag had much in the way of image editing skills along with high-resolution printing. I have seen the old Munin Verlag photo archive in person and the problem was not with the original prints.

Comment

Originally posted by John P. Moore View Post
                              That is a great improvement in the image! I doubt anyone at the old Munin Verlag had much in the way of image editing skills along with high-resolution printing. I have seen the old Munin Verlag photo archive in person and the problem was not with the original prints.
                              John I totally agree with you. In most cases the original photograph is not the problem since they have been made from the original negative. Usually the quality is quite good. The tricky part is getting the print copied and then printed on the page with black ink. Most black and white photo books are printed with just one layer of black ink, and if done right and also using good paper helps too, the photos will look pretty good.

With my new book I am using three layers of ink to get the best contrast and sharpness. This printing process is called tritone. It's not used as much by publishers because it's expensive and the printer really has to be experienced with this type of printing. Normally this printing process is only seen in expensive museum art/photography style coffee table books.

Comment

Well done Remy! Can't wait.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X