i wanna see you repro tunics!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Einheitsfeldmutze

I know it's not a tunic, but it goes with the M44! Picked up this copy M43 cap at Farnham (UK) fair today from James Brown of RZM / Phoenix militaria. He believed it was a US copy (ATF?) and it has been 'upgraded' with an original trapezoid and original buttons. It's been worn by a re-enactor and has a good natural worn in look. Has a grey cotton lining and vent like the earlier M43's.

For those sharing my interest in good copy militaria James Brown is a great source (though he also deals in original mlitaria). He's the main UK agent for Janke copy caps. The range is expanding even to SA kepis now and they're looking great. His links:-

http://www.rzmilitaria.com/home.php - original militaria

http://www.extraklasse.co.uk/ - copy stuff including the Janke caps

I've known James for years and can say that he's a very decent and pleasant person to deal with. Unlike some dealers out there, when he sells you a reproduction he is selling it to you as a reproduction.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PaulW; 05-13-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

More M43 pics

More M43 pics
      Attached Files

Comment

M43 cap

One more showing shape from side:-

Anyone recognise the maker?

Decent copy??
        Attached Files

Comment

Reproduction Uniforms

Paul, your tunics keep getting better looking. Thanks for posting them. Your use of real insignia is interesting. I like the idea because the insignia displays so much better on a uniform even if the uniform is not pre-45.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for that, appreciate the feedback! I'm hoping to improve further on what I have as I come across better copy insignia etc. I moved into original insignia for the Heer M44 because it is still relatively cheap next to Waffen SS insignia. In Europe there seems to mountains of the stuff still. Dealers like Mario Hiscoll and Tarn militaria seem to turn up just about everything you can think of!
            As for my SS tunics I think I'll have to stick to copy insignia, other than the original boards that I have.

Comment

Reproduction Uniforms

I find it amazing to see all the different reproduction uniforms being made and the time and effort that goes into different projects. I always take a look at Cyrus Lee's site, soldat.com. The number and variety of uniforms of all branches that pass through his shop is amazing. I doubt whether we'll ever get our money back when we decide to sell them. The opportunites to wear them are extremely limited. But it's always a fun project to work on.

Comment

Hi,re-enactors today are very lucky to be able to get their uniforms 'off the peg',when I got into re-enactment,if you did British or American you were able to buy original uniforms,for the germans you had to convert Swedish uniforms.In the SBG our chairmans wife made our smocks and uniforms.I have known James Brown before he became a dealer and he was in the SBG and I can confirm you will get a straight deal from him( I bought a Janke WH generals cap before xmas and have just ordered a new SS crusher as my old Nayer copy is a bit tired after thirty years).John
                Also James and I are interested in the 'war of northern aggression'(southeners do not call it the civil war as there was nothing civil about it)

Comment

Here are mine.

First up, Lost Battalions M42 set up when I was a Rottenfuhrer. The wound badge and frozen meat ribbon are originals
                  (never worn for reenactments, only placed on for these photos).

Next up, probably my favorite, another LB, an M40 after I was promoted to Unterscharffuhrer. Again, the War Merit 2nd Class ribbon is original
                  (awarded by my unit to represent my real Meritorious Unit Commendation from the Marine Corps) as is the West Wall ribbon
                  (which is presented to members of our unit who served in the real military). Both the ribbons I purchased in about 2004 if memory
                  serves correctly. Early war bright tresse on the collar and shoulder boards.

Yet another LB, this one an M44 with subdued tresse, again, original West Wall, but all else is repro:

Next up, my HBTs. I love how the removed Rottenfuhrer stripes on the sleeve left the non sun-faded material exposed. This one's
                  all repro, including the ribbon bar made for my by Cyrus Lee of Soldat FHQ and slightly aged from field use during reeanctments.
                  The HBTs too by LB.

Lastly, my Mantel; this from Hong Kong Harry, but altered by Lost Battalions back in the day:

As you can tell from the photos, all the tunics have their corresponding trousers underneath.

Comment

Repro Tunics

Those are some great looking tunics and mantel. You are lucky to be able to wear them for re-enacting. I've had to get a promotion also. I simply look too old to be wearing tunics with company grade insignia.

John

Comment

Panzer Wrap made by Janke.
                      Attached Files

Comment

ATF "Texled" SS cut M41 with rayon lining, mid-war wool and original buttons. These "Texled" feldbluse are breath taking to say the least!
                        Attached Files

Comment

ATF "Texled" SS cut M40 with offiziers collar conversion, sewn down lower pockets, sewn in boards, original buttons and LAH offizier insignia.
                          Attached Files

Comment

LAH Cyphers

Comment

Cyphers
                              Attached Files

Comment

Italian gabardine M44 custom made by Janke.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X