i wanna see you repro tunics!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of repro LAH tunics

A couple of repro LAH tunics (Felgrau is Janke, wrap is German made - not sure of maker)
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
      Yes, its a real slap in the face for the real LAH.
      Ain't that the truth! That one guy in the front must have had at least 40% body fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
        My point is, you don´t have to buy expensive uniforms to make a great impression.
        No subjections to this?

Comment

Here is my Panzer wrapper by G-Max.
          Attached Files

Comment

about repro stuff ???

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
            ...What kind of reenactors are you guys?!!!!

DS:
            Not a reenactor, but I love the WW2 MGM stuff reused on "Combat".
            On these movie prop uniforms were WW2 MGM made eagles used in
            such films as when Tarzan and Lassie fight the Nazis, and many more.
            In the "Golden Age" of Hollywood studio art departments made every-
            thing, even small things like these eagles obtained from the first big
            release of Hollywood stuff in the legendary 1970 MGM Studio sale.
            Last edited by oldflagswanted; 06-21-2010, 01:51 AM.
            sigpic
            .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Originally posted by oldflagswanted View Post
              DS:
              Not a reenactor, but I love the WW2 MGM stuff reused on "Combat".
              On these movie prop uniforms were WW2 MGM made eagles used in
              such films as when Tarzan and Lassie fight the Nazis, and many more.
              In the "Golden Age" of Hollywood studio art departments made every-
              thing, even small things like these eagles obtained from the first big
              release of Hollywood stuff in the legendary 1970 MGM Studio sale.
              On a side note, isn't that Warren Spahn in that Combat! photo?
              I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Johann View Post
                No subjections to this?
                I disagree with the statement. Though you don't "need" expensive uniforms to make a good impression, they certainly help!

Comment

Originally posted by m1steelpot View Post
                  I disagree with the statement. Though you don't "need" expensive uniforms to make a good impression, they certainly help!
                  One could also argue that the uniform does not make the soldier So many re-enactors get tangled up in the "details" that they tend to forget that its not just the uniform or the equipment that makes the impression.

Comment

Warren

Yep ! I mean, baseball isn't year round and back then even star players weren't making the money they do today !
                    Originally posted by bobcam1 View Post
                    On a side note, isn't that Warren Spahn in that Combat! photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Grabenkater View Post
                      One could also argue that the uniform does not make the soldier So many re-enactors get tangled up in the "details" that they tend to forget that its not just the uniform or the equipment that makes the impression.
                      Agreed. Knowledge of mannerisms, cultural tidbits, and the like are equally important. Nothing helps build an impression like knowledge of material culture and anything beyond the "military" stuff. I think many people get hung up on the military-terms for things, the language of the Frontsoldat was quite different. In regards to GI's, I doubt they ever called anything by its actual designated terminology.

A friend of mine showed me (in a post WWI book on Front-slang) how in WWI and WWII, one of the (many) nicknames of the Stahlhelm was the "Parteihut." Blew my mind.
                      Last edited by m1steelpot; 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM.

Comment

RFSS Himmler hate how the blood order came out on this one.

RFSS Janke Uniform doe skin wool

Dietrich

All from Scott at Traders of the Lost Surplus

Comment

Here is my WW2 tunic and with everything thats carried in my pockets. I hate seeing re-enactors with empty pockets and neatly pressed uniforms. Its one of the first things that jumps out in photos.

The tunic is a modifyed tunic from Sturm. The buttons have been replaced with originals or Czech replicas. The button holes have all been restitched by hand with proper button hole thread and the collar has been replaced with one thats more correct.

Brief photo of my Model 1910/14 bluse. It is one of the first runs from AntZ Militaria.

Comment

Originally posted by m1steelpot View Post
                            A friend of mine showed me (in a post WWI book on Front-slang) how in WWI and WWII, one of the (many) nicknames of the Stahlhelm was the "Parteihut." Blew my mind.
                            My German gut feeling tells me that this sounds more like WWII only.

Comment

Originally posted by Grabenkater View Post
                              Here is my WW2 tunic and with everything thats carried in my pockets. I hate seeing re-enactors with empty pockets and neatly pressed uniforms. Its one of the first things that jumps out in photos.

The tunic is a modifyed tunic from Sturm. The buttons have been replaced with originals or Czech replicas. The button holes have all been restitched by hand with proper button hole thread and the collar has been replaced with one thats more correct.

Nice details!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Johann View Post
                                My German gut feeling tells me that this sounds more like WWII only.
                                The date the book was published was 1919 or 1920. I need to borrow the book so I can scan the pages. Some of the WWI terms were crazy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X