FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSFK Uniforms, Waffenrocks, and such ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really great collection and new additions Mike truly exceptional quality

Comment

Ribbon bar ...

With the ribbon bar properly mounted.

This bar includes all of the awards that General Ruedel would have worn on his bar in late 1934, after his promotion to Generalmajor in the Heer, and early 1935 before his entry into the Luftwaffe. He was working at the RWM in Berlin at the time as Inspektor der Flakartillerie and Chef des Luftschutzamtes.

The long service ribbons were not introduced until 1936, so Ruedel would never have worn them on his Heer uniform.

Mike
      Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Very impressive, Mike!

Mark

Comment

Thanks ...

Thanks, Mark. I can't help myself -- here is another photo. I just got a new camera and am still figuring it out.

Bad news when these electronic gizmos have 160 page manuals.

Mike
          Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Hi Mike,

You have been holding out on me!!! I just looked a this thread and see a few updates that I was not aware of.

Ruedel's General's uniform is indeed a wonderful addition to your already wonderful collection. Not only is it in stunning condition but it is a very historically significant uniform. I am glad you got the proper ribbon bar for it. I know the hunt is now on for an early General Aiguellete

Gary B
            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Some more ...

This thread is several months old now so I thought a brief update would be in order, with more to follow when I have time.

The image below is why I love Waffenroecke -- and why I put so much emphasis on condition. A beautiful Waffenrock, named, in the Waffenrock book, and added to the collection officially as of yesterday, thanks to a good friend and Forum member.

Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

Visors ....

I posted these elsewhere, I think, but here are some more images of recent additions to the collection.

Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Gebirgs Pionier Grouping

A grouping to an Officer in Gebirgs Pionier Batallion 83. For me, the highlight of the grouping is the Waffenrock but everything is in mint or near mint condition with the exception of some of the insignia and ribbons bars which is uniform-removed and likely worn in the field.

Mike
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

The coffee table contents is just stunning, what's in the end tables ?

The General Waffenrock is stellar and as I said before, I love that admin visor.

Do you by chance have any beautiful daughters?

Beautiful stuff my friend!

William Kramer
                    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Well, I should have posted this as well and since you ask, here it what is in the "coffee table". It's a great glass top table with pull out drawers which work well for displays of items you prefer to lay flat -- such as this Artillerie Standarte.

Acquired about a month ago, after SOS.

Mike
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mike, some fantastic additions, but that Generals waffenrock is just the cats' miaaau. Jacques

Comment

More on the Pionier Waffenrock ...

Here are some detailed images of the Pionier Waffenrock. I don't have a suitable torso form for it yet -- that is proper for the size of the uniform as he was a middle-aged officer at the time and a WWI veteran. I will provide those later.

The Waffenrock was tailored in Graz, Austria. At first, you don't see a tailor label -- until you figure out those clever Austrians put it in a different place. The label is actually a strap used for hanging the unfirom and two of them (with the name and address of the "Schneider") are found in the armpit area. Also, note the quilting of the upper lining which is very unusual but again, perhaps an Austrian touch as well.

The lining in the sleeves is a beautiful white, silk-like material.

Mike
                          Attached Files

Comment

Superb collection Mike. I could look all day.

-Bryant

Comment

Bravo, Mike! I absolutely loooooooove your general's waffenrock! Congrats!

Mark

Comment

Mike, between you and Mark, I am getting sorely tempted to get into "Club Waffenrock"--you guys better hope the supply of mint Political/Civil headgear doesn't run out!
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X