ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSFK Uniforms, Waffenrocks, and such ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSFK Uniforms, Waffenrocks, and such ...

Well, gentlemen, I left collecting for a couple of years for personal reasons and sold most of my Luftwaffe collection. Some is still for sale -- as my interests have changed.

Now I not only will collect the occasional Luftwaffe item, but also NSFK and Heer waffenrocks and other assorted goodies. While my advice to collectors has always been to focus, I am somewhat doing the opposite. But having fun.

Here is the NSFK tunic I tried to find for years -- untouched and textbook. Bought at the SOS in February. I later added the brownshirt (original) to complete the display. The NSFK grand pilot's badge was also purchased at SOS.

More later on waffenrock additions to the collection as well.

Mike Heuer

PS Looking for officer and NCO waffenrocks!
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Waffenrocks

Here is a Panzer reserve officer waffenrock, obtained from a fellow Forum member. I always enjoy the collector-to-collector acquisitions. This particular piece is unusual in that the material is much lighter and thinner than the conventional wood used in waffenrocks. Apparently, this young officer wanted to stay a little cooler during the summer parades!

Mike
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

More uniform details on the Panzer waffenrock -- as you can see, the reasons I like these so much.
      Attached Files

Comment

Collar ...
        Attached Files

Comment

Silver eagle ...

Note the silver in the eagle has tarnished over time and now has a beautiful patina.
          Attached Files

Comment

Refanzer Waffenrock

Love It! Show Us More!

Comment

NSFK continued ...

Before I get too far along in the other Heer uniforms I have, a closeup of the NSFK is in order.

This uniform had everything going for it -- and why everyone should attend SOS. It was there and doubtful I would have seen it anywhere else. All unmessed with insignia, original NSFK eagle (machine stitched on the tunic and hand-stitched on the pocket as it should be), blue/grey belt supports, and so on.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

That is one beautiful eagle and one nice NSFK tunic - love that breast patch.

William Kramer
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Waffenrocks

Now let me pay tribute to two of the "good guys" in this hobby and genuinely nice, helpful men -- Neil Stewart and Tim Curley. They are, of course, the authors of the new book "Waffenrock" and I can thank them for really getting me started in this area of collecting. I have always loved these "parade" uniforms but their book is so informative (text and photos) and colorful, you cannot help but love these uniforms -- the epitome of uniform collecting in my view and the German military at its finest.

The waffenrock below is featured on page 285 of "Waffenrock". An NCO uniform for a Transport/Supply Oberfeldwebel. The uniform features a real high quality fine wool, officer breast eagle -- but yet standard issue material for the collar and cuff tabs. In perfect "aged" condition without a spot on it. Just the way I like them.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mike Heuer; 04-01-2007, 08:02 PM.

Comment

More ...

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Next to another

This Transport/Supply waffenrock now rests next to a Flak Oberleutnant uniform I also acquired from a friend and Forum member in Minnesota. More on the Flak sometime -- but it is particularly nice as it is a beautiful pre-war uniform with "5" cyphers still present on the shoulderboards.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow

Spectacular tunics in amazing condition. The NSFK tunic is amazing. I see also a nice LW tunic in the background.

Congratulations

Juan

Comment

Not a waffenrock ...

Not a waffenrock but something perhaps more rare -- a piped service dress. I am told that while waffenrocks had to be purchased (required), these piped uniforms were optional and expensive and perhaps beyond the means of many officers.

This one is in stone mint condition and comes with pants (piped). It is festooned with loops -- which would indicate this officer was in combat before he became an Admin officer (note the "HV" cyphers).

As Tim Curley says in the book, it is really hard to sort out this area -- one set of colors could indicate several career fields. Perhaps this is a Paymaster. Input welcome, of course.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X