Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by argan View Post
    Thank you Jerry!
    I know that 4 inner feathers are considered fake, but I needed a confirm!
    Do you know the "Sigmund Stephan Militaria" website? if you have a look inside, there are shown many brest eagles examples, all repro declared; they have not the Swastika inside the corkade under the eagle, just because they are built as repros.. but I think they might also been produced with the swastika.. and they are very good examples, apart the 4 inner feathers inside..

But are we sure that 5 inner feathers brest eagles are not jet been produced?
    because if the quality is so high, and the details are corrected, it becomes very hard to detect a fake..
    This type usually has an incorrect weave on the reverse and has other 'tells' that show they are copies. I have not looked at the site you mention.

Regards,

Jerry

I have just looked at the site you mention and yes they are selling replicas as replicas. The swastika has been airbrushed out of the image, I am sure if you buy one, it will have a swastika.
    Last edited by Bond; 06-24-2011, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Greetings All,

Here is a nice example of a reproduction Truppensattler specialty patch. The base material is wrong(too light weight, wrong color and mix of wool) and the stitching is sub-par for a period embroidered piece.

Fred
      Attached Files

Comment

Greetings All,

While digging through the repro box I came up with some DAK Chevvrons on wool.The gefreiter and obergefreiter look pretty good. The Hauptgefreiter does not.

The chevron base material is a little thin but the sides are all equidistant at 8.5cm except for the Hauptgefreiter. The tress has a hard edge to one side. The sewing is decently done.The wool is more brown in hand. These photos were taken inside.
        Attached Files

Comment

Obergefreiter
          Attached Files

Comment

Hauptgefreiter, As you can see the pip is executed badly and the shape is really inconsistant with the other two. It is 9.7cm on each side.
            Attached Files

Comment

Reproduction eagle back!

Greetings All,

Here is one of the best tells of the newer line of reproduction eagles. It has a reverse BeVo weave pattern on the back. If you are looking at an eagle with this type of backing, it is a reproduction!!!

The top eagle is a reproduction.

The bottom eagle is an original.

Fred
              Attached Files

Comment

M36 fake panzer eagle

Hi everyone,

I'm posting my fake M36 bevo panzer eagle here, as an example of a known 'bad bird'. This one is sewn to a wool backing, so the reverse cannot be seen, but from looking at other examples of this particular fake, they have the classic giveaway of a row of 'sawteeth' above the fold line that runs along the top of the eagle's wings.

Mark
                Attached Files

Comment

Apart from the rather chunky neck on this eagle, some fine points on the left wing to watch out for are:

1) A glitch in the pattern that creates a distinctive little 'stairstep' in the in the second small feather down.

2) The middle horizontal small feather touches the feather on its right (this is less immediately obvious in examples of this fake that are woven in thinner thread).

3) The tiny little feather circled appears rectangular. On original eagles, this particular feather appears like a dot, more circular in appearance.

I am sure the experts could pick out many other anomalies, but these are three that I noticed when compating this one to originals.

All the best,

Mark
                  Attached Files

Comment

Eagle in Question

Is it normal to lack the vertical lines between the smaller inner wings? On the left there are no lines, the small wing is one piece. On the right, one line is missing and there are four smaller wings. Any ideas on this kind?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tankurt...in/photostream

Thank you,

Tan
                    Last edited by Tan Berk; 08-08-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

panzer flatwire breast eagle

I haven't seen this type posted on this pinned thread. Good quality and I thought it was real, but one wing appears to be longer than the other (?)
                      Have you guys seen this type before?

Comment

Flatwire panzer reverse

Any comments/insights welcome

Comment

Greetings All,

Mark, I have seen these eagles around. The wing is the big give away. Could you post another shot of the complete back? I would really like to see the area above the wing. Thanks.

Tan, The eagle you posted with the inner wings missing appear to be an original with a manufacturers flaw ,IMHO. The linked photos that you attached are for a nice worn bullion officers eagle in your second post.

Fred

Comment

Fred, thank you for your insightful reply, appreciated! It is always interesting to find originals with flaws.

Best regards,
                            Tan

Tan, The eagle you posted with the inner wings missing appear to be an original with a manufacturers flaw ,IMHO. The linked photos that you attached are for a nice worn bullion officers eagle in your second post.

Fred

Comment

Greetings All,

I am always looking for reproduction eagles too! They get better all the time.

Fred

Comment

Greetings All,

Here are a few more repro pieces.

I picked up the eagles over the last year and a half as original and was selling them on the estand. A forum member purchased them which started a discussian and it turned out that the are reproduction Reddick eagles.

Fred
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X