Reproduction Heer Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Dmv and afrikasandman,

This is not the place to start a discussion on an individual and his supposed fake insignia. You should go to the proper forum and start a discussion thread.

Fred

Comment

I agree with Fred, its not the place to bust out a faker on his stuff, but this is a thread dedicated to reproductions and his name just happens to be associated with most of the bad stuff being sold on the insignia forum and members have the right to know. I always considered myself pretty good when it came to cloth and he got me on two items. When I asked to send them back he got all wishy washy about how its been about a month or so blah blah blah. We have an obligation to bring it to the attention of other members on the WAF. So who wants to be the bad guy and start the thread in the Collector Community Forum? Matt

Comment

Hello,

Here are 2 new breast eagles and a cap eagle.

Fred
        Attached Files

Comment

It comes from the UK it was used for the series Band of Brothers. By the way thank you for your warm welcome.

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
          Hello BudgetCollector,

Sorry for missing your first post! Welcome aboard!!!

That is a nice repro eagle. Where did you get this one from? It has the same construction tells on the back that a lot of them do. Thanks for posting.

Fred

Comment

New badges from Pakistan

I received these images in some junk mail.

I suspect they are the same quality as seen in post 162 above.

Hopefully this will show some of the variety of the badges being made.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:46 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Comment

Hello,

I believe that they are pretty much the same quality. The front design is getting better on the breast eagles but they still have a way to go. They need better colors and materials to.

Fred

Comment

Hello,

Here is the latest eagle I picked up. I believe this to be an older reproduction. It has a pretty nice execution and is done in wire.

Fred
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Here are some specialty patches, signal blitz and richtkannonier patch that I just picked up. There are 3 different manufacturers of patches here!!

The signal blitz is a Patch King patch as you can tell by the shape of the blitz and the gauze backing material.

The Richtkannonier and "S" are nicely executed but have a blue bobbin thread.

The 3 specialty patches all have a gauze backing, not quite the same as Patch King, and a rather crude execution of the insignia.

All of these pieces ar eon a leaf green color base material. 2 of them look darker but that is just the camera, they are also leaf green which was never a facing color in the Heer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                    The Richtkannonier and "S" are nicely executed but have a blue bobbin thread.
                    Hello Fred,

I agree on all other patches, but what does you know about the two patches with blue bobbin thread? Is there another reason except the blue thread because you're thinking they are fake?

I'm asking, because I think I saw a couple of other Colors during the years. Normally they used "undyed" threads, which looking "off White", but black was also used. Why not other Colors?
                    I have a woven "Unteroffiziervorschule" cufftitle, where a purple! thread was used as a bobbin thread under the Aluminium threads.

Best regards,
                    Andreas

Comment

Hello Andreas,

The blue thread stands out but these are made on the Leaf green base material. This color was never used as a facing color and was used for a lot of other reproductions.

Best regards,
                      Fred

Comment

Posted in error

Comment

Posted in error

Comment

repro breast eagle help

This is on an officer's tunic and looks horrible, has to be repro. Any opinions please?

This has to be a field made tunic if original, note collar, or a weird repro.

Comment

Cap Cockade

I think this may be original. Did you put a UV light on it?

Originally posted by BRUNO FRANCK
                              page 3

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X