Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repros

Greetings All,

Some of these pieces look fantastic while others can be dimissed looking at them once. The only true way to discern original is research, study and hands on application.

There are lots of variables in Heer cloth,especially in specialty patches, that you can come across during your collecting. Variations and knowing the variations makes this hobby that much more fun.

Good Hunting.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
      Here is a very tough one. This is a panzer flatwire. The execution is very ,very good! The base material is is a few millimeters larger than an original.

Hi Fred,
      it's impressive how much the flatwire eagle is so good. Do you really think it's a repro? Maybe it's made with other colours as well. In any case i think it had fooled many of us! Are you able to tell me the dimension of this breast eagle?
      Alex
      Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 03-21-2009, 04:37 AM.

Comment

good crisp lesson, fred. while not interested in insignia i found your snappy tour through classic fakes a generous and valid idea. thanks for its breadth. im sure in the hand, in an instant, modern polyester breast eagles are quite an obvious animal.

Comment

Greetings Alex,

I have posted two comparision shots of the repro panzer eagle and an original flatwire. Take a good hard look at the obverse and reverse you can see some differences. Standing by itself it is a very tough eagle to tell apart from an original. Even close to the original one needs to look carefully and feel the material.

Fred

And a reverse comparision.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Good learning thread..It's pinned.

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Fred, will throw up some of my insignia a little later on if I get a chance. Will put up some original embroidered breast and cap eagles. Bevos and some flatwires that i have at my place. Gotta get ready to pack em all up for said deployment to the sandboxy anyways. Matt

Comment

Hi Guys, Im not sure if this is really the right thread to be asking you but I wasnt sure where else to put it ?
                Right here we go ... I picked this badge up along with another that I have already had verified as original ... Can you cloth Gurus out there lend me a hand ? is this original or a repro ?

any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated guys

Tim

Comment

Repo Litzen

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                  Collar tabs are always a problem with me. The new generation is very well made. I tend to see the base material a little bit lighter in color than the originals. Here are some late war repros.
                  Two problems I have found with reproduction Litzen is color and length. They are all too short in length. The mouse grey universals are the way off on color as well.

Comment

Thanks Fred for all the hard effort you put into this and providing us an education on spotting these modern fakes.

Comment

A fake general tab. I knew it was a repro when I bought it, but since it costed me 1 euro I thought it would display nice anyway. I don't think it would fool anyone, but it's still something I liked to share.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Great thread,

I would like to suggest / ask everybody to post only reproduction cloth insignia.

If you have questions about an item, please start new thread in general WH u&i forum, so we won't get any confusion in this particulair thread and keep it synoptic.
                        IF posting an original item please do only for comparrison and in the same post.

Now start posting those repro's!

Comment

Indeed Fred that Bevo-panzer flatwire is IMO a very very good reproduction (this fooled me severall times)
                          Now I see the back yes ,NO NO Good
                          But as you stated you must look very well ,when it is sewn on a tunic

Here is one I got burned on severall years ago ,on one of the biggest shows in europa
                          Bought it for 70€ and thought I made a very very good deal
                          Till I got home and looked a little bit closer
                          Here he comes
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:19 AM.
                          sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

This cutoff breast eagle got me for $80.00 about 10 years ago.
                            I thought it was good till I joined up here.

Terry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well the are mine that I found out a few years ago thru the forum that they were FAKES. The Panzer wreath actually came with a Brest Eagle that was real and the Eagle was suppose to be a Naval one that I got mixed in with a bunck of original breast eagles. From what I'm told it is the classic partical bar reproduction.
                              I've also an early SS side cap eagle but not sure to post it on here.

Joe

back side This thing glows like it came from a nuclear power plant lol
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Breast Eagle, this never showed up under a blacklight and I never was aware of the partial bar nor of the repros just having 4 wing feathers instead of the 5. I'm told this was copied from a cap eagle which only has 4.

Sorry for some reason this looks black but it is a Blue background
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X