Reproduction Heer Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bevo M44 Style Eagle

I believe this to be an original example. I have one of these in silver wire, acquired from a veteran.

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

Here is the latest eagle I picked up. I believe this to be an older reproduction. It has a pretty nice execution and is done in wire.

Fred

Comment

Sniper Badge from Sailkot, Pakistan

A new made German Sniper badge from Pakistan.

For information.

Comment

The blue bobbin thread seems to have been a trademark of the firm Franz Raab GmbH, which left the embroidery field in the 1960s. I visited their old factory once and was privileged to have seen their archives.

Diane

Comment

Fred,

could you please tell me why you think that the 3x tropical greatcoat stripes on what looks to be the later olive wool type backing, shown in post numbers 92, 93 & 94 are bad ?

I hope you still have them, is it the tropical tress that has definitely been identified as bad ?

Chris

p.s. here is a definite good one that was misidentified in the KM section
          Last edited by 90th Light; 11-11-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

The cockade shown in post number 166 is not a reproduction.

It is 101% original, what we would called a classic "Third model" if it was a tropical example. Exact same maker field-grey version,

Chris

Comment

Hello Chris,

These are definite reproductions. I had them made for me by a reproduction seller. He said that one edge of the tress was hard and that was the tell. The stabsgefreiter/Obergef<6 has a very weakly made pip.

Fred

PS. I still have them.

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
              Fred,

could you please tell me why you think that the 3x tropical greatcoat stripes on what looks to be the later olive wool type backing, shown in post numbers 92, 93 & 94 are bad ?

I hope you still have them, is it the tropical tress that has definitely been identified as bad ?

Chris

p.s. here is a definite good one that was misidentified in the KM section

Comment

Hello Chris,

These are definite reproductions. I had them made for me by a reproduction seller. He said that one edge of the tress was hard and that was the tell. The stabsgefreiter/Obergef<6 has a very weakly made pip.

Fred

PS. I still have them.
                Thanks Fred,

they had me going for a while because the wool looked right. However, that can of course be the illusion of a computer monitor image. Then I studied the tress and could find nothing original like it.

Your confirmation of the hard edge confirms it. The reproduction seller made them to look good.

Appreciate the reply

Chris

Comment

Hello Chris,

Fred

PS. I still have them.

Fred

Because I had it made.
                  Thats classic.

owen

Comment

Hello Owen,

It is classic!! I never could find DAK chevrons and this seller said that he made them. I said sure and told him to make me a set on wool. The gefreiter and Obergefreiter were fantastic and looked great. The stabsgefreiter's star looked bad to me. I kept these as pretty good examples of bad insignia. The tresse has a hard edge on one side. With some wear these would be hard to tell from originals.

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X