Reproduction Heer Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred,

so yeah I cut it off and its without a doubt bad. It feels very synthetic and I don't like the back at all. Here are some pics of it for everyone. The tell is the feet, there are no claws on the feet and its not done in flatwire. You touch it to your lips and its always room temp feeling and there lack of toes. The stumps just fade into the wreath. Matt

Here it is off the backing. Its a pretty convincing bird and it fooled me for several years, but I guess my loss is everyone elses gain. These are supposedly from the 90s era in Germany.

full reverse

wool backing it was sewn to, the "front" side where the eagle was sewn to and the reverse. Its kinda like the flatwire second model ones but not quite, the pattern on the wool is odd. Matt
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:38 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

Some scary fakes. I figured the breast eagles are so common you would even bother faking but I was wrong. Thanks for the painful lesson Matt

Comment

Originally posted by 3cavman View Post
        Some scary fakes. I figured the breast eagles are so common you would even bother faking but I was wrong. Thanks for the painful lesson Matt
        3cavman,

there are some scary good fakes out there man. Take a look at sites like www.atthefront.com or www.1944militaria.com all reproduction stuff but its really really good. People try to pass of their uniforms all the time after doing some events in them and what not. Hell they even make fake tinniest, if it was made during the period its being made now...

this was only a 40 dollar lesson so not too bad. Matt

Comment

Hello,

As a new member and this being my first post on this fantastic forum I wanted to give you a shot introduction along with some tunic eagle pictures. I came across this forum just recently and became a member today. I`m collecting mostly WH tunics, pants and boots. All combat related not the Ausgeh uniforms and the nice stuff strictly combat related stuff. I started collecting WW2 US combat uniforms, pats and boots about 6 years ago and now want to start collecting some of the German stuff. So far I have a pair of Keilhosen, a M43 combat tunic, a nice pair of combat jackboots and a pair of Green M40 pants I`ve picked up at a yard sale. I also collect WW2 related weapons. M1 Garand and M1 Carbine.

Here is another repro tunic breast eagle it`s a movie prop from the famous Band of Brothers series. The material it was woven on is like thick polyester/nylon fabric the same as a umbrella very stiff and thick. Enjoy

Thank
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:43 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Comment

Hello BudgetCollector,

Sorry for missing your first post! Welcome aboard!!!

That is a nice repro eagle. Where did you get this one from? It has the same construction tells on the back that a lot of them do. Thanks for posting.

Fred

Comment

Hello,

Here are a couple more pieces of Heer insignia.
              Attached Files

Comment

A very bad DAK chevron
                Attached Files

Comment

This is the afrikasandman eagle that was posted just a little bit earlier.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This next eagle is contentious! It resembles a fake by construction on the rear but it has the thread twist that originals have that no reproduction has had yet!! I personally do not care for it but there are collectors that do like it. My good friend Johnny vd Heidjen thought they were good. I am sure that there will always be a debate on these.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Here is a new Heer breast eagle sent to me by madandi!! They are getting better but the base material is still a man made synthetic.

Fred
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                        This next eagle is contentious! It resembles a fake by construction on the rear but it has the thread twist that originals have that no reproduction has had yet!! I personally do not care for it but there are collectors that do like it. My good friend Johnny vd Heidjen thought they were good. I am sure that there will always be a debate on these.
                        These cap eagles exist in four KM/Navy Patterns as much as I could find out.
                        - yellow on blue
                        - yellow on green
                        - yellow on tan
                        - blue on White

All have the "shiny" yellow Rayon thread instead of the dull.

I know them cutted or coiled on rolls, but I never saw an original applied one on a cap. I think an Army variant would not be accepted by any collector..

Comment

Here is another fake chevron listed on the estand by Rikster.. note the same green thread that shows through just like it does on the DAK/SA chevron that I bought from him....... Do I need to say more? Matt
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is the bad one I bought from him so you guys can see them side by side.... I don't know why he is still allowed to sell on here. Or maybe these both came from the same factory! Yep his garage.... Matt
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vizenz View Post
                              These cap eagles exist in four KM/Navy Patterns as much as I could find out.
                              - yellow on blue
                              - yellow on green
                              - yellow on tan
                              - blue on White

All have the "shiny" yellow Rayon thread instead of the dull.

I know them cutted or coiled on rolls, but I never saw an original applied one on a cap. I think an Army variant would not be accepted by any collector..
                              Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the info. I have seen the top 2 eagles but not the one on white or the one on tan. As a Heer collector I would not accept it as a good eagle. My friend Johnny vd Heijden,RIP, believed that these were foreign made, maybe France. I have never really cared for them.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                                Here is another fake chevron listed on the estand by Rikster..
                                Ah finally someone calls that name out!
                                We can fill pages with his hand embroidered reproductions...
                                They do trick many people, but once you've noticed the "skills" you'll recognize it.
                                Perhaps a good time to post some and discuss? Fred?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X