No announcement yet.

Reproduction Heer Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got one of that last bird, which I was always edgy about, but I never noticed the wing feathers. It is so obvious, I dont know how I missed it, Doh!
    Thanks for this thread

Comment

Greetings All,

Bob Hritz let me use these images of a very, very good reproduction of a Heer Tropical eagle. The front looks stupendous but it still has the 4 small feathers. The back shows that the construction is incorrect!. Johnny vd Heidjen has come across these also. Thanks Again for the images Bob!

Fred

And the backsides!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:31 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

Originally posted by jerry bond View Post
        I've got one of that last bird, which I was always edgy about, but I never noticed the wing feathers. It is so obvious, I dont know how I missed it, Doh!
        Thanks for this thread
        Yeah Jerry I never noticed either till it was pointed out to me, this eagle doesn't glow when a BL is put to it.. Glad to have this forum which cleared it up.. Now they stick out like a sore thumb...

Joe

Comment

Here are a couple of bad tropical eagles

Reverse
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Greetings,

These last three eagles posted are the most common reproduction DAK BeVo eagles seen. The one from Bob looks outstanding until you count the small wings. The back is the give away besides that. The got the color pretty good though! Alot of time collectors pick these up just because of the colors and don't count the small wings or take a good look at the back.
            Dennis, Thank for posting these! These eagles fool the novice all the time. The colors are wrong. This should be enough but with the desire to have DAK eagle and most likely a cheap price these get snapped up.

Fred

Comment

Greetings,

Here are a couple more Heer eagles. The first one is a cut and folded DAK eagle and the second one is an uncut Panzer eagle. The panzer eagle is very scary in the design. The materials are very close but the "tell" is still on the back.

Fred

and the backside. My scanner makes the blue seem lighter than it really is on the front side.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:32 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

The front of the uncut panzer.

And the reverse.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:33 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

Hello, what is the tell on the back of the uncut panzer? Does it also feel different?
                  Thanks Jerrybb

Comment

Greetings Jerry,

The "Tell" on the panzer and most reproduction eagles the weave lines above the background of the eagle.The fold line. The eagle might even be made of rayon! When you rub your finger across the front or back it doesn't catch or snag like on most polyester eagles.

Fred

Comment

hello and thanks for this wonderful thread, though it is slimming down my collection a bit.
                      I'm not sure I totally understand what fred means, could someone highlight the tell for me on the photo of the panzer bird. I think it means 1 more to the repro heap. Doh!

Thanks to all involved, jerrybb

Comment

re

Hello Fred ,Nice eagle,s
                        Here is an comparison picture between the back of the panzer your posted and a real one
                        Do have a look ,the thread isn,t twisted like original one,s
                        (this information I got from Eric Mill)
                        Attached Files
                        sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN VD HEIJDEN View Post
                          Hello Fred ,Nice eagle,s
                          Here is an comparison picture between the back of the panzer your posted and a real one
                          Do have a look ,the thread isn,t twisted like original one,s
                          (this information I got from Eric Mill)
                          Is the original the top or bottom eagle in the photo?

Comment

IMO the bottom is the original, with its twisted threads and also no weave above the fold line, though you cant see that area on the top bird, the repro.
                            I hope I've got this right and if I have its because of Fred Green and the poster of those last piccies. Thanks again

Comment

Crucial twist

I think the twisted yarn, the production way and the sizes of the basic cloth are becomming crucial. The so called burning test WAS a nice way to test. But with the use of RAYON in fakes it became useless and can in my opinion only be used as a first line test. If it smells like plastic's ===> no good. If it smells like burned hair/paper use you knowledge about contruction ways etc. and take a close look. The problem is ===> RAYON contains mainly cellulose.

I don't buy any birds without this twisted yarn.......

Rayon is a manufactured regenerated cellulose fiber. Because it is produced from naturally occurring polymers, it is neither a truly synthetic fiber nor a natural fiber; it is a semi-synthetic fiber.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-0>[1]</SUP> Rayon is known by the names viscose rayon and art silk in the textile industry. It usually has a high lustre quality giving it a bright sheen. Rayon contains the chemical elementscarbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.

Comment

re

Originally posted by Todd Gylsen View Post
                                Is the original the top or bottom eagle in the photo?

Hello Todd ,the top one is an repro and the bottem one is an originall one

Also Thanks to Eric Mill ,for this nice explanation about the cloth and thread they used

Cheers again Johnny
                                sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X