Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW I need a blue cup to go with my blue canteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz Luther View Post
      WOW I need a blue cup to go with my blue canteen.
      Yes, I need two of them

Comment

Some of my late war beauties

Here are my late war beauties and my blue one I need a cup for!

Comment

What a beautys are there....congrats to all

PZO....you have two....I have nothing.....

Comment

what a charming rbnr stamp on that last canteen strap, mr luther!

Comment

Its the only one I have ever seen like that.

Comment

Question I have is what are all the late war colors? I have seen red, blue, green, black? (mine looks more black than blue).

Comment

I just wonder how many of you here I am always bidding against on ebay? LOL

Comment

fritz luther, aka Aquarius. i count about 30 litres there. has anyone found issued a coc0nut inside a felt cover?

Comment

No but I have found regular leather straps on them with a simple rivet used at the bottom (not attached permanently to either strap or canteen). More than likely field repairs/ replacement of web straps that broke. Suprised you see a lot of cocunuts without the webbing today as one would think that would hold up better than leather. Never seen one in a wool cover though kinda overkill not to mention I don't think one would fit.

Comment

Blue canteens

Fritz Luther, Your blue canteen in fact really looks more like black canteen with blue wash that You can also find on WJ marked or unmarked mess tins and A EMA cups. That black bottle would better fit to brown enameled cup. On attached picture You can see different shades of blue enamel and covers.
                        Attached Files

Comment

PZO any idea on where to get a brown cup. Do you find them over there frequently. I have never seen any over here in the US only green cups. If you can find one I would be interested in one.
                          Luther

Comment

PZO any idea on where to get a brown cup. Do you find them over there frequently. I have never seen any over here in the US only green cups. If you can find one I would be interested in one.
                            Luther
                            Fritz, The best source for canteens as far as I know is almighty eBay. Brown cup is hard to find as well as blue one; You will rather find whole set. I have only seen acouple of unmessed canteens with brown cup. They usually go as follow: brown, enameled cup without folded handles, black, grainy leather straps, dyed black underside, steel screw cap, painted red, black enameled bottle with dark brown paint inside and wool, gabardine like, cover with three studs, rather with plain surface. Sorry I do not have spare one
                            Attached Files

Comment

Never seen one in a wool cover though kinda overkill not to mention I don't think one would fit.
                              Can't recall where did I find this lovely picture

Comment

Can't view picture is it one of a coconut in a cover...lol? Has anyone ever seen a 41 dated coconut? I had not till I bought one off ebay today (it was a buy it now). The pictures are dark but its a 41 dated HRE without the harness. Will get pics up when I get it in the mail. Does anyone have a 41 dated harness out there that needs a 42 or 43 dated one? Was 1941 the first year they made these coconuts or was there a 40, also was 44 the last year dated on the canteens or has anyone seen a 45. I have until now only seen 42's and 43's.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X