Originally posted by 4th division View Post
        '910' made breeches.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=830754

Lokes minimal different to mine, some different materials

Comment

Looks to be original issue to me

Comment

910 = WSS Gebirgsjäger Windjacke

I collect Gebirgsjäger items and luckily wound up with this one. I always assumed the WSS would've obtained their wind jackets from the Army; a pleasant surprise!
            Attached Files

Comment

Those fieldgray wool breeches are really mint unissued! Nice to see the 910 in stamp.

And apparently the 910 factory also made items for the Gebirgsjager's as well.
              Thanks for sharing this with us. I will update the manufacturers code list to include this item.

Comment

Waffen-SS Uniform Manufacturer Codes
                _37 tunic Model 42, field grey wool
                _41 tunic Model 42, field grey wool
                _52 tunic Model 37, field grey wool
                _65 tunic Model 42, field grey wool
                117 panzer wraps, stug. wraps, keilhosen, field grey wool
                349 tunic Model 42, field grey wool
                383 panzer wrap, oak leaf camo
                393 tunic HBT dot camo
                479 great coat, field grey wool
                525 tunic Model 40, field grey wool
                525 overcoat Model 42, field grey wool
                627 panzer wrap, field grey wool and black wool
                712 panzer wraps, black wool
                910 panzer pants black wool, M43,44 pants fieldgray, officer breeches field grey wool, Gebirgsjäger wind jacket
                933 winter hood, oak leaf camo reversible to white
                933 camouflage pullover smocks, plane tree camo

Waffen-SS Uniform Manufacturer by Name
                Alois Heisse tunic Sahariana, tunic Model 36, 37, 41, field grey wool, also allgemeine black tunics and coats
                Walter Klemm, Hornberg Schw. HBT dot camo pants

Comment

Nice close up study of a newly issued Waffen-SS Model 44 "Erbsentarn (pea pattern) tunic and pants being worn by an SS-Hauptscharführer (SS-Chief platoon leader) of III Battalion, SS Panzer-Grenadier Regiment “Germania."

I have seen several photos showing men who served in this armored infantry battalion adopting a uniform style where they would tuck the four pocket tunic inside the waist area of the pants. Giving the wearer a sharper looking appearance as can be seen here in this photo.

Date: August 1944
                  Photographer: Ernst Baumann
                  Negative Nr. 169-15
                  Copyright 2016 Ernst Baumann Foto Archiv
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
                    This mint unissued pair of pants was produced by the private firm Walter Klemm, Hornberg Schw. in Germany. The quality of the manufacturing for this particular item is pretty high and I will show all the little details which go into the making of these pants. Pictured here is the left side of the pant leg.
                    These are indeed a fine example of this type of trouser, but the "quality" of manufacture in both materials used and construction is very poor as is typical of uniforms made at this time.

CB

Comment

Hello, quick question to the owner of the 910 Marked breaches, from my computer the two inside thigh panels appear to be more grey in color than the remainder of the breeches which appear field grey, can you confirm this? Thanks, Scott

Comment

This popped up in a 1941 dated (LBA stamped) LW fliegerbluse....
                        So pre RBNr system...maker name and town fully identified still....
                        So what's the meaning of "971"???
                        Seems to be a similar code????

Maybe these 3 digit numbers are an earlier attempt to give makers a numerical reference and not necessarily exclusively limited to W-SS production?
                        (Since it also appeared "910" in a Heer gebirgsjaeger double breasted "Windjacke"...?)
                        Attached Files

Comment

712 Black Pz Wrap.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Of interest, perhaps this ties into the stempel markings, perhaps not.

I came across this in the Beaver book that deals with 'Armored Uniforms' of the W/SS. It notes that there are 'Product Codes' for the field-grey jacket and trousers (see attached photo).

I'm wondering if these 'SKU' type stamps appear anywhere on anyone's kit, aside from what we're seeing as 'factory codes.'

I admit, I didn't take a snap of the note from which original circular this came from, it's a footnote in the book.
                            Attached Files

Comment

351 - italian wool Keilhosen.

Comment

Now I'm wondering about this one which, besides the "251" and 90 has no markings what so ever.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X