X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4th division View Post
    525 black panzer wrap
    Are you sure? I have never seen a original 525 marked tank wrap - only Stug wraps and other SS tunics with this marking.

Please share pics of this wrap.

Comment

Love those pants!

Comment

Dot Camo

Hi,

I have a pair of smooth dot-pattern trousers very similar to yours but smaller, I think.

Unfortunately the ink pad must have been running dry when they stamped mine. The size numbers are legible and there's a very faint "44" to the left of them - I had another look last night but cannot make out if there had been a maker's number there, but the style is very similar to the "179" pair.

A VERY interesting thread - thanks very much to all contributors.

Regards,

Grossfuss

Comment

Great thread Remy
          Keep up the good work and fellow collectors
          Very informative

Comment

Originally posted by istra63 View Post
            Great thread Remy
            Keep up the good work and fellow collectors
            Very informative
            Thanks!

Comment

Here's to another twist to the topic..

If we look at the differently produced Erbsenmuster uniforms we can differentiate between a few different productions/variations.

1. HBT Linnen, marked 393, with a big collar.
              2. HBT cotton, marked 0/0793 /0101
              3. HBT cotton/linnen, reverse printed marked SS-BW
              4. Betr. Ra. marked
              5. Polished cotton
              6. Rough plain weave Erbsenmuster (I don't recall the marking.

Here's a few that I've documented, hope to have photographed them all someday. Maybe some other variations could be shown so we could have a view on the different makers of Dot tunics.:

1. HBT linnen, marked 393

Type of uniform:“Dot 44” or “Pea Dot” Camouflage tunic in HBT Linnen
              Material: HBT Linnen in Erbsenmuster camouflage
              Colour: 5 colours are represented in the Erbsenmuster camouflage.
              Branch: Waffen-SS
              Insignia: One Woolen sleeve eagle factory mounted by zigzag stitch with black thread.
              Markings: 393 – A unknown maker
              Size markings;
              Tunic back length: 43
              Tunic chest size: 94
              Collar size: 43
              Tunic length: 68
              sleeve length: 66
              Maker: 393 – A unknown maker
              Notes: The collar on this tunic is bigger then other Erbsentarn tunics by other makers. It is a typical detail to this maker. The Eagle is not perfectly mounted, it sits slanted. The buttons are marked C.T.D. which stands for the maker Christian Theodor Dicke.

More pictures: https://fjm44.com/articles/tunic-waffen-ss-dot-44-393/

Best Regards,

Frederik
              Attached Files

Comment

Type of uniform:“Dot 44” or “Pea Dot” Camouflage tunic in HBT cotton
                Material: HBT cotton in Erbsenmuster camouflage
                Insignia: One Woolen sleeve eagle factory mounted by zigzag stitch with black thread.
                Markings: 0/0793 /0101 – Textil und Bekleidungswerke GmbH Becker
                Size markings;
                Tunic back length: 45
                Tunic chest size: 90
                Collar size: 42
                Tunic length: 72
                sleeve length: 71
                Maker: 0/0793 /0101 – Textil und Bekleidungswerke GmbH Becker

More pictures: https://fjm44.com/articles/tunic-waf...44-00793-0101/
                Attached Files

Comment

Type of uniform:“Dot 44” or “Pea Dot” Camouflage tunic in HBT cotton
                  Material: Reverse printed HBT cotton in Erbsenmuster camouflage
                  Insignia: One Bevo sleeve eagle and one tropical SS-Rottenführer winkel below it. These are in my opinion restored to the piece.
                  Markings: ᛋᛋ-BW ( SS-Bekleidungswerke)
                  Size markings;
                  Tunic back length: 42
                  Tunic chest size: 92
                  Collar size: 42
                  Tunic length: 67
                  sleeve length: 66
                  Maker: ᛋᛋ-BW (SS-Bekleidungswerke) was a stamp used by different slave labour camps such as Dachau and Lublin.
                  Notes: The two top pocket flaps have been constructed from smooth cotton camouflage material.

M.K. Collection

More pictures: https://fjm44.com/articles/tunic-waf...35;ᛋ-bw/
                  Attached Files

Comment

Interesting to see the top two pocket flaps are made out of smooth cotton. I'm curious what other variants of Erbsenmuster tunics exist, it would be nice to complete the list I posted above or expand it.

Best Regards,

Frederik

Comment

Interesting to see the top two pocket flaps are made out of smooth cotton. I'm curious what other variants of Erbsenmuster tunics exist, it would be nice to complete the list I posted above or expand it.

Best Regards,

Frederik
                      Well done Frederik!
                      Thank you for your contribution to this thread!

Comment

Just spotted this, a very nice 627 Panzer Wrap

https://militariaplaza.nl/uniforms-1...er-wrap-detail

Comment

Originally posted by MM1985 View Post
                          Are you sure? I have never seen a original 525 marked tank wrap - only Stug wraps and other SS tunics with this marking.

Please share pics of this wrap.
                          Hello Martin - for your files ..
                          Attached Files

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=900943

644, Georg Teufel Sohn Tuttlingen, Or is this another code ?

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=900943

644, Georg Teufel Sohn Tuttlingen, Or is this another code ?
                              That's a good question. Why would you use the code and also list your company name? It defeats the whole purpose of the code number system.

Unless there are other pieces out there stamped 644, my guess for now is that it's a production run number for this particular cap. Again this is just a guess until we have more concrete evidence to prove otherwise.

Comment

Here's another dot tunic with the factory cutting label attached to it.

Type of uniform:"Dot 44", "Pea Dot" or Erbsenmuster Camouflage tunic in HBT linnen
                                Material: HBT Linnen in Erbsenmuster camouflage
                                Branch: Military police or Ordnungspolizei
                                Insignia: One Bevo Police eagle factory mounted by straight stitch.
                                Maker: -
                                Notes: In 1944 the Military police or Ordnungspolizei was put under the Waffen-SS jurisdiction and as such they where issued their own camouflage uniforms. The cut of the uniforms is the same as the Luftwaffe 4 pocket Drillich uniforms though the camouflage is Waffen-SS specific.

More pictures: https://fjm44.com/articles/tunic-ord...olizei-dot-44/

Best Regards,

Frederik
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X