• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayerhofer München from the tunic shown before:
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
      Great idea! I totally agree. Maybe if enough people interested in this thread would email moderator Gary Wood he would be willing to pin it to the top of the page?

There are plans to add a lot more information and photos to this thread which would help collectors.
      Yeah could be good if it could be kept organized. The numbers and pics could be helpful to collectors and maybe some pics of full tunics.
      My dot camo Suits are SS/BW or Betr.Ra none have other depo numbers on them.
      Only my 627 SS black wrap.

Comment

325 = found on Oakleaf smocks

2592 = found on various tunics
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MM1985 View Post
          I once wrote down in my files that the RB Nr. 0/0793 010 often found on dot tunics is from the Company: Textil und Bekleidungswerke GmbH Becker

After reading up on the RB Nr. system (thanks to the research done by Adrian Stevenson) the numbers represent the following.

example: RB Nr. 0/0793 010

The first prefix number could range from 0 through to 9. This number determined the membership of the various groups in the realm of Trade and Industry (Reichsgruppenleitzahl)

• 0 Industry
          • 1 Crafts
          • 2 Commercial wholesale trading companies
          • 3 Banking
          • 4 Insurance Companies
          • 5 Energy (Electrical companies and such)
          • 6 Tourism (Including Hotels, Wine and Mineral Water companies)
          • 7 Traffic
          • 8 Food Industry
          • 9 Not otherwise mentioned groups

In our field of militaria collecting, the most frequently observed numbers will be zero, one or nine. “0", "1" and "9" could be used by manufacturing companies, main contractors or subcontractors.

RB Nr. 0/0793 010

The second group of four numbers represents a district code that identifies the geographic location of the company. In Germany, a local region is known as a Kreis. Still called that today. The Kreis numbers are organized according to a national listing of some kind and are not based on Gau or Land organization.

RB Nr. 0/0793 010

The third set of four-digits was assigned sequentially to identify each individual company within that particular Kreis. No master list has survived the war. Frustratingly as a result, the identity of most makers today remains unknown. However, a few are known. Here is one example from the famous “Bevo” insignia company: Webabzeichen-und Namenbanderfabrikation. (Bevo)

RB Nr: 0/0560/0372
          Bandfabrik Eward Vorsteher KG,
          Wuppertal-Wichllnghausen (Rhelnprov.)
          Kreuz Strasse 72-74.
          Last edited by Remy Spezzano; 09-26-2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MM1985 View Post
            I once wrote down in my files that the RB Nr. 0/0793 010 often found on dot tunics is from the Company:

Textil und Bekleidungswerke GmbH Becker
            Now that we know how the RB Nr. system breaks down, we can finally come up with the details of uniform manufacturer Becker u. Co. GmbH, Textil- u. Bekleidungswerke, Geislingen, Germany who produced SS DOT camo uniforms and used the ink stamp RB Nr. 0/0793 010

0 (this is the industry classification number)
            0793 (is for the town of Geislingen, located in the state of Baden-Württemberg)
            010 (is the tenth company registered on the list of companies located in the town of Geislingen.)

Comment

Oct. 28, 1944 Romania, Waffen-SS infantry with their short barrel infantry guns prepare to fire on enemy positions. All the men scene here are wearing the M44 DOT camo uniforms.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice thread Remy. I love this kind of thing.

Glad you found my research useful too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
                  Thanks Disco Partisan for the corrections.
                  The list has been updated and I've added a new section for the non SS controlled clothing manufacturers who are known to have produced SS uniforms and are ink marked with a RBNR. (Reichsbetriebsnummer).

Updated List as of Sept. 25, 2016

Waffen-SS Uniform Manufacturer Codes
                  _37 tunic Model 42, field grey wool
                  _41 tunic Model 42, field grey wool
                  _52 tunic Model 37, field grey wool
                  _65 tunic Model 43, field grey wool
                  117 panzer wraps, stug. wraps, keilhosen, field grey wool
                  349 tunic Model 43, field grey wool
                  383 panzer wrap, oak leaf camo
                  393 tunic HBT dot camo
                  479 great coat, field grey wool
                  525 tunic Model 40, field grey wool
                  525 overcoat Model 43, field grey wool
                  627 panzer wrap, field grey wool and black wool
                  712 panzer wraps, black wool
                  910 panzer pants black wool, M43,44 pants fieldgray, officer breeches field grey wool, Gebirgsjäger wind jacket
                  933 winter hood, oak leaf camo reversible to white
                  933 camouflage pullover smocks, plane tree camo

Waffen-SS Uniform Manufacturer by Name
                  Alois Heisse tunic Sahariana, tunic Model 36, 37, 41, field grey wool, also allgemeine black tunics and coats
                  Walter Klemm, Hornberg Schw. HBT dot camo pants

non SS Uniform Manufacturer using RBNr.
                  RBNr. 0/0793 010 tunic HBT dot camo
                  One more correction
                  The 525 is only found on tunics Model 42 (field grey) / not m40 or m43
                  Here is an example of 525 m42 tunic
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=836232

Comment

Disco,

Not correct, i have an pair M43 Keilhosen Italian wool marked 525 so perhaps the tunic is out there.

Reg,
                    Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Partisan View Post
                      One more correction
                      The 525 is only found on tunics Model 42 (field grey) / not m40 or m43
                      Here is an example of 525 m42 tunic
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=836232
                      Thanks for the correction Disco Partisan. I will fix the mistake with the next update
                      of the list.

The Waffen-SS M42 tunic you see pictured in the link posted by Salt Creek originally came from my private collection. I sold it to him back in 2015. I forgot how nice that tunic is until just seeing it again now. A really fine example of an unissued M42 made with quality wool and lining by uniform maker 525.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                        Nice thread Remy. I love this kind of thing.

Glad you found my research useful too.

Cheers, Ade.
                        Yes indeed! I personally found it to be ground breaking. For years I always found the RB Nr. system to be a mystery and found it frustrating that no one had any idea how the system worked. So to see your online article was really great.

I'm sure some city hall in Germany has an original book or listing which contains all the manufacturer codes from the 1940s. But just like anything it requires time and effort to go and locate it.

Comment

very informative thread Remy, thanks & by the way 4th. division, I've got the same dot trousers with the heer olive green lining & stamp markings......probably lacks ankle ties right ?

Comment

I have two pairs of these type of keilhosen, both with leg straps. The trousers feature some distinct details that match, such as the belt loops and the material behind the fly being more smooth hbt dot44.

Best Regards,

Frederik

Comment

yes frederik, on my trousers the material behind the fly is hbt cotton, the rest being hbt linen & the waist straps are smooth cotton, but no ankle ties so probably very late production & maybe never issued.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X