X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So true

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
      While he succeeded to kill the thread, I thought I show what can happen when 3 buddies meet.

Did you buy both of those from Keith or are they yours? They look great there. What's the story about the middle one? Want to sell one to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
        Did you buy both of those from Keith or are they yours? They look great there. What's the story about the middle one? Want to sell one to me?
        Did you not receive my email ?

Comment

I did. I appreciate the Germanic language but I'd do better in my native tongue. ASsume that you and Keith made a deal real fast from what I read in the email.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
            I did. I appreciate the Germanic language but I'd do better in my native tongue. ASsume that you and Keith made a deal real fast from what I read in the email.
            Hope you are getting along with the folks in Northwestern Germany okay. They are said to be a stubborn bunch. Sometimes referred to as "fish heads" by the Southerners, too.

Comment

death and marriagewithin the the SS cultic milieu

death and marriage within the the SS cultic milieu.
              Attached Files

Comment

I really wonder why it was not worth to be shown on the desk for the wedding presents?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                  death and marriage within the the SS cultic milieu.

Very fine
                  Thank you for show it!!!!

Best Marc

Comment

Ich Weisse nicht , und du?

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                    I really wonder why it was not worth to be shown on the desk for the wedding presents?
                    I know not,
                    do you have an answer or just asking also?

Comment

Helden shreine und Heiratet

Originally posted by Volksbank View Post
                      Very fine
                      Thank you for show it!!!!

Best Marc
                      Thanks Marc.
                      You may like this photo as I believe you like MK Buchen.Ja?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                        Thanks Marc.
                        You may like this photo as I believe you like MK Buchen.Ja?
                        Like the idea to use the slipcase, a first as far as I know. Makes the book fit almost snugly. Will give that a try, too. But only temporarily, because none of the caskets came with the slipcase, only the book.

Comment

Fay

Mr. Fay I see once again an SS Man with a Bride that is, shall we say, somewhat less than becoming? That's not what I would want to dream about while at the Russian Front, then again Death may be more attractive an option than returning to her loving Hooks and protruding Snout. Yeeech.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Micheal.
                            Were these wooden boxes made by a selected few firms? and did these have any markings?

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                              Thanks for sharing Micheal.
                              Were these wooden boxes made by a selected few firms? and did these have any markings?
                              IMHO, these boxes would have been made in the same factories that produced SS furniture.

None was marked.

Comment

Michael,

the only possible answer in my opinion an be that either these MK boxes were given out only for handselected men or that for example the people at the time received it some time after their wedding ceremony or just did not have the abilities to take more than one ot two pics of their own wedding - my grandfather married in the summer of 1945 and there was nobody in his village that owned a camera, so they had to engage a photographer whom they had to pay for every single shot - so they just ordered one wedding picture as farmers in front of their barn and that was it!

In general as a wedding present for sure - but for sure not every marrying SS-couple got one box (would have been thousands of boxes...).

In my opinion it was given as a special honour gift like an award - the only existing example with the authentic history onby I am aware of is the MK box that Michael Wittmann and his wife received when they married.

It now resides in a german collection - and still I do believe that not every existing MK box of today is authentic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X