No announcement yet.

The mk casket club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be very careful buying anything from that site!

Comment

Originally posted by g hanson View Post
      I would be very careful buying anything from that site!
      Which one are you referring to ?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
        Don,

sometimes there might be a fine difference between being the curator of an official museum and being a real expert...
        ....and THAT, my friends, is a sentence that is GLEAMING with wisdom and comes straight from the EXPERT horse's mouth...

Those that blindly put their faith in the "learned opinions" of all of these "Museum Curators" and "Conservators", need to understand that many of the people who hold these lofty positions, are often no more than bureaucrats with a talent for raising funds, or people who falsely present the knowledge of others as being their own, and who anoint themselves as "experts".

Thank you Thorsten, for reinforcing that important fact.

Cheers,
        Bob.
        I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
          Which one are you referring to ?

The site that is selling the one you linked to in your last post!

Yours for a whopping £5250.

Comment

The site that is selling the one you linked to in your last post!
            Never heard anything bad ?

Yours for a whopping £5250.
            It says "approximately", the fixed price tag is 5,250€ or ~£4,386 today.

Comment

Never heard anything bad ?.

JMO but I repeat, I would be very careful buying anything from that site!

the fixed price tag is 5,250€ or ~£4,386 today.

Yes, if he converts the currency properly. However, he states the price is 5,250€ or "approximately" £5250, which suggests to me he isn't converting it properly as the difference between £4326 and £5250 is way above an "approximate" valuation. Again, just my opinion.

Comment

There was one today at the War and Peace show priced at £2000 inc the dedicated book and a congratulations letter.

Comment

Hello John,

did you take pics of that interesting offer?

Comment

Sorry-no.But the show is on until Sunday and we have a fair few guys there who might be able to....

Comment

That would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by bobcam1 View Post
                        ....and THAT, my friends, is a sentence that is GLEAMING with wisdom and comes straight from the EXPERT horse's mouth...

Those that blindly put their faith in the "learned opinions" of all of these "Museum Curators" and "Conservators", need to understand that many of the people who hold these lofty positions, are often no more than bureaucrats with a talent for raising funds, or people who falsely present the knowledge of others as being their own, and who anoint themselves as "experts".

Thank you Thorsten, for reinforcing that important fact.

Cheers,
                        Bob.
                        yes, those are good observations but I was looking for less "high wisdom" and a bit more of a straight answer as to what the museum people speculated they were. Surely there were scholars on the wewelsburg museum staff? And I'd say Thorsten may have discussed things with these people over time. We should go back to numbering the questions, perhaps

Comment

?

Comment

inciteful. care to comment or are you just clueless?

Comment

??

Comment

so glad you are a forum member. your posts are so informative and interesting......Not. (oh yes I did say, NOT.)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X