• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This might be useful for reference purposes. Here are two different berets on period pictures, the insignia on one looks grey and one off white, (compare the color with the white on the shoulder straps) courtesy of first Erich Queen
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jacquesf; 11-02-2008, 07:23 AM.

Comment

and courtesy Frank Rygaard
          Attached Files

Comment

Another beret photo..............also SS 4-Yr Medal.
            Attached Files

Comment

This piece was listed on ebay before it became eban. I printed these at the time so the details are lacking but they are the same type of insignia as Richard P has posted.

The beret is attributed to SS Obersturmfuhrer Georg Schonberger when he was in command of the Pz Spah.zug for LAH. He later commanded the Pz regt.

The eagle on the Kris's beret is to much of a departure IMO.I would have to see a period photo before I could accept it.
              __________________________________________________ ______________
              Cheers Steve
              Attached Files

Comment

Steve,

Man...you've been holding out on me! That is the exact same insignia, albeit straight stitched instead of zig zag. I sincerely hope you have the full set of photos off ebay. Did the beret sell? How do you feel about it's authenticity? I have never seen a label like that in a beret of any type. Many thanks for sharing even if you felt the beret was bad.

Richard

Comment

I was going to write and ask for the price, but I don't have the guts...

Comment

Eric,

Be brave, all he can do is give you the price or ask for a current bank statement to prove you can afford it. Just kidding, I'm sure many here know, but its always best to get it straight from the dealer's mouth or computer. Good luck,

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Queen View Post
                      I was going to write and ask for the price, but I don't have the guts...

I don't know either but my guess would be in the $35-$45K range.

I like the bird,just as funky looking as these type of skulls..Which in their own right are cartoon-ish.

Glenn
                      Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 11-03-2008, 07:33 PM.
                      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Can someone just post the price and be done with it?

Comment

Can someone just post the price and be done with it?
                          Eric, you lost me. You want the price for what?

Tom

Comment

The beret that Oakleaf has for sale.

Comment

The beret that Oakleaf has for sale.
                              Not that it make too much difference but the "request" (and any other comments pertaining to the beret) should be posted on that thread to avoid such future confusion IMO.

B. N. Singer

Comment

It seems to be a well guarded secret. Bob Hritz did ask on the other thread and no one responded there either. No worries. I will ask Kris myself. I have no intention of buying it, just curious.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X