No announcement yet.

Beret skulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard from a half dozen people that they did not see any SS beret insignia fake or real? Hopefully someone snagged some and will share.

In the mean time Lloyd I shared these photos of an SS panzer officer named Hans Reimling, 2. Pz. Rgt. LAH, wearing a great crusher with SS panzer beret insignia attached. It is in the SS crusher study on the Cloth Headgear Forum.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

SOS Skulls

Richard, although that is not what I went looking for at the SOS, I do not recall seeing any of these skulls while I was there. Alex

Comment

Here is the latest type SS panzer beret skull. That would definitely strike fear in their enemies hearts. I hope no one gets fooled by these.

Richard
          Attached Files

Comment

These?

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
            Here is the latest type SS panzer beret skull. That would definitely strike fear in their enemies hearts. I hope no one gets fooled by these.

Richard
            By "these", do you mean there more than one? Looks possibly period to me.
            Peter

Comment

Richard, looks like a halloween pumkin to me, but a period one. Is it makermarked? Jacques

Richard

Comment

Its being advertised as a "werewolf" piece and may very well be a 30's era item. I actually thought it looked like an octopus. It was a joke of course, I am only trying to stir up this thread again because not one of the experts who declared one or more panzer beret skull type fake has been willing to make a judgement call on the enlarged photo examples and state their case why one or more is original and the other not. I have not found any other good period photos other than the ones I have posted. None were offered for sale at the SOS that anyone saw...real or fake.

Richard

Comment

Great thread! Much for the learning. Cheers, Pauli

Comment

This actually is a great topic, I just wish the other participants would follow through. Pauli brought it back to the top so I thought I would post another photo with SS berets I had stored. Please feel free anyone to add more photos or a photo of an SS beret skull or eagle in your collection.

This is a rather interesting photo considering the insignia they appear to be wearing.

Richard P
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is a rather interesting photo considering the insignia they appear to be wearing.

Richard P
                      Richard,
                      they are members of the LAH in Poland and have there insignia covered to hide there unit

Comment

You can see the pips under the cover on the untersturmfuhrers rank tab.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                          You can see the pips under the cover on the untersturmfuhrers rank tab.
                          John,
                          Below is a photo from the same album as the photo above, while not pz you can seen the impression of the runic under the cloth that covers the insignia
                          Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

here is the whole photo that was posted in post 99
                            Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gary and John,

I had that info stored somewhere in my feeble brain and thought their insignia was covered but didn't want to misquote. Thanks also for posting the whole photo. Gary...no skull or eagle photos to add?

Richard P

Comment

Here is another photo, not the greatest clarity, but its a beret skull on the black overseas cap, eagle still on the side, of a young SS panzer member. I can't quite make out the cyphers to see if he is LAH. Think that that would draw much criticism on the forum?

Richard P
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X