No announcement yet.

Beret skulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your attention to detail is sorley lacking.It's obvious you have not learned how to use the "save to file" feature w/your computer.
    If you open your eyes and looked at whats presently posted you might be able to post something of actual substance.Leave the pitiful atempts at "self glossing" out
    The skull not the beret are the topic

__________________________________________________ ________________
    Cheers Steve

PS.When someone says "no disrespect" your about to be disrespected.
    Page 4 "Militaria collectors code book" circa 1980.

Comment

SJP do you mind posting your beret that was also in the 2007 posting .

im very interested

Comment

Steve,
        If you think that your beret is original, simply post it and prove me wrong.
        Until you do that, you can keep your comments about whether or not I've posted 'something of substance' to yourself. I think that if you look through my postings you will find that I have posted a LOT of substance. I continually share 100% original pieces from my collection for others to enjoy and learn from.
        I didn't save the pictures of your FAKE beret because I already have pictures of 100% original examples, and of fakes as well. I also did not think that you would 'take your toys and go home' because of one comment questioning the originality of your cap. I really don't think removing the pic was in the spirit learning and sharing that makes this forum great.
        After my posting, I e-mailed with Richard P and shared some of my pictures with him. He has been a gentlemen.
        Please understand that my comment about the insignia on your beret was not meant as a slight on you, but was meant to potentially save you from a costly mistake. But, given your reaction, it looks like you don't appreciate such comments. Thus, I will take note and not bother commenting on your items in the future (and I would guess that other knowledgeable forum members reading this will do likewise). In the end, you only hurt yourself.

Now let me be more specific. Your picture was not the best and was only on the forum for a short time, but I think that the eagle on your beret MAY have been this recent FAKE (see pic below). This fake has fooled a lot of collectors and is similar to the top eagle posted by BH.

So, let's see your beret. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to admit that 'my attention to detail is sorely lacking'. Until then, your comments are not worth much.

Doug
        Attached Files

Comment

How pathetic. If you would check your ego at door,employ some critical
          thinking and investigative skills you MIGHT be able to see whats acually been already posted.

You continue to evade the topic which is the skull not the beret by showing your ignorance about the skull and in your frustration try and shift the focus.

Anyone serious about the study of these saves all images as they appear regardless of the era.
          You claim you dont save "FAKE" images but then proceed to post a copy of the eagle . You made claim about the skull and have yet post anything of substance to support your postion.Why should I post again whats already been posted when your to lazy to do any research.

Your only being asked to support your orginal comments but as your previous posts show you continue to shift the topic.

You could be the "poster boy" for ill advised/un-informed and careless comments that ocassionally appear on the forum.
          When all else fails CAREFULLY read what has been said & posted & pay attention to detail. Hope this helps
          __________________________________________________ __________
          Cheers Steve
          Last edited by SJP; 02-01-2008, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Can we see the beret?

Comment

SJP,

Please post your photos again so we can get back on topic. I would li e to see it again too as I didn't save the photos since you have shown it a couple of times I believe. I think you know your insignia well enough to be confident in posting. Thanks,

Richard P

Comment

This is a little more of what I would like to continue discussing. I am still waiting for all the nay-sayers to comment on my stug piece type skull ( #3) and the ones they approve of that I posted.

I believe part of the problem is two distinct skull types are being lumped together as the same type. They are both off-white...but that is where the similarity ends. I sincerely believe my example is the first pattern skull for SS berets. The skull #4 is the one in question. I am not saying it is in fact the same skull. It is a very different skull if you get down to details. Therein lies the problem. I believe the opinions voiced so far are saying it is the same skull.

It is the same as the Manion's example and the Doc's example. Please don't say mine is bad because it is the same color. Take a hard look at these photos. I do NOT claim what I call the "Big Nose" variety is original. Just as I do not claim the eagle that usually accompanies it is original. My statement for it is " I have not reached a conclusive answer on it yet." This example will be skull #4 for comparison.

I maintain it has the color of the off-white version and the "eye and nose" (except size) embroidery detail characteristics of the silver-gray skull. Please address the questions about the two skulls shown. Once again awaiting commnent is SKULL #3.
                Attached Files

Comment

SKULL #4 (Big Nose) for easy photo comparison.
                  Attached Files

Comment

panzer skull

Hope this is still on the topic BUT " how big where the pre-war Panzer units of ;
                    1. Adolf Hitler Standarte ?
                    2. Deutschland Standarte ?
                    3. Germania Standarte ?
                    4. Der Fuhrer Standartre ?
                    thanks to anybody that can help ...
                    jim

Comment

From a German Cross holder biography in volume 2 of "German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police," R. James Bender Publishing. Got the photo from the GC holder himself, along with the others in his biography (he was armored recon, not Panzer).
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mark C. Yerger; 02-03-2008, 04:10 AM.

Comment

details
                        Attached Files

Comment

At request of my good friend David B Im posting this photo. I hope this helps! regards Richard
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have that same photo, but not in a resolution high enough to achieve such a clear enlargement. "My, what a big nose you have!" Must be a staged photo using the latest repro SS beret insignia. Thanks for posting R.D. Rygaard, now we are getting somewhere.

I am still waiting for people to comment on skulls #1 through #4... perhaps some thinking out loud....anything? Can we at least agree that there may be more than one type of off-white skull? Both good? Both bad? One good, one bad? Please back up your opinions through the photogrphic evidence presented or come up with more photographs or insignia blow-ups to support your opinions.

MIKE DAVIS....HAVE YOU FOUND OUT YET WHAT COLOR THREAD WAS USED IN THE EXAMPLE YOU POSTED (SKULL #2) ?

RICHARD P.

Comment

" Now let me be more specific. Your picture was not the best (actually it was piss-poor by design except the skull) and was only on the forum for a short time,(24hrs & 2min.) but I think(problematic) that the eagle on your beret MAY have been this recent FAKE (see pic below). This fake has fooled (me) a lot of collectors and is similar ( ) to the top eagle posted by BH"

You can't be serious...................................
                              __________________________________________________ _______________
                              Cheers Steve
                              Attached Files

Comment

Jim, They were organized as Panzerspahzug at kompanie strength
                                In the case of LAH 17th Kompanie (1938).they had no tracked vehicles.

The beret is matter of public record and still is. As stated in my previous post only the insignia could any conculsion be arrived at.The beret details had been posted earlier.

The skull(s) I posted was apparently to much detail for someone.

For those interested in this insignia read carefully what's been written.Very good info.been shared.You must be able to
                                "read between the lines" ,not everything is as it appears.
                                __________________________________________________ ____________
                                Cheers Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X