No announcement yet.

Beret skulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a beret Karl S turned up shown by the Wilson History and Research Center. He was kind enough to share it so I added it to the thread. Personally I would like to see a better straight on shot of the eagle.

Richard
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
      This actually is a great topic, I just wish the other participants would follow through. Pauli brought it back to the top so I thought I would post another photo with SS berets I had stored. Please feel free anyone to add more photos or a photo of an SS beret skull or eagle in your collection.

This is a rather interesting photo considering the insignia they appear to be wearing.

Richard P
      For all the interest in his beret, wonder how many noticed G.S. (later Pz Rgt LAH commander) is wearing it in this photo.

Comment

I understand it is extremely rare but, guys, this is really the ugliest ss insignia on these berets. I would never collect if all ss staff was like this..

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
          I understand it is extremely rare but, guys, this is really the ugliest ss insignia on these berets. I would never collect if all ss staff was like this..
          I agree...this is the ugliest SS insignia. Please send them to me for immediate disposal. I'll even reimburse you for the postage...triple!!

Comment

Eagle for SS Pz Beret

Hi guys,

I am very happy. My eagle is not alone in the world.

Cheers

Ysto

Comment

Originally posted by Ysto View Post
              Hi guys,

I am very happy. My eagle is not alone in the world.

Cheers

Ysto
              Ysto,

Very nice eagle, they don't usually have that much wool around them. Your looks to have never been sewn on, a true mint beauty. Thanks for adding it to this topic.

Richard

Comment

Eagle Beret

Thank you Richard,

Regards

Ysto / Christophe

I am looking for trade : FJ helmet chinstraps in good condition, LW tropical overseas cap, LW pilot badge with maker with case, Truppenbesteck 1935, pair of MP38/40 pouches in good condition...

Comment

Here is an interesting fake SS beret skull that turned up on a winter type hat. It is pretty well beat to cover up it's questionable gene pool. It sold on ebay for $100.00.

Richard
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is a nicely moth eaten beret eagle, apparently worn as a sleeve eagle according to the seller. Still nice for study.

Richard
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a nice clear photo that was posted earlier in the thread showing an SS panzer man with an SS beret eagle on his sleeve. Here is another photo that was posted showing the same soldier with either friends or relatives. Looks to be the same background, and now we can perhaps see why he had a Heer M-43 handy.

Richard
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a WWI tank group posted on ebay Germany for sale. Perhaps this is the forerunner of the ever so popular SS beret skull.

Richard
                        Attached Files

Comment

2. Sorry for the poor images, but it was a low resolution photo.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is an SS stug beret offered for sale as a repro and movie prop, supposedly from a small movie.

What I found interesting was the skull, it is described as bevo woven, although the photos are not very clear. It is getting closer that most previous fakes. They didn't do too hot on the eagle or beret itself.

Richard
                            Attached Files

Comment

2. It looks like they actually tried to copy from a photo of a real one.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X