This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrian;

I know what think about. These questions have been in my mind as well. In the beginning I did not want to have anything political third reich and only collected pure military things. At that stage SS were a no no for me. I started collecting Afrika Korps and was happy with it being a "clean field". Rommel was considered a good guy even by his enemies. But since I got deeper into the third reich collecting area I did slide into SS. As a start I did not collect Allg SS or TK. Right now I find it very interesting to collect these fields as well. Though I have set my goals not to colletct TK or LAH I would actually like to have a few TK items and even items connected to the concentration camps. Those dark fields are scaring but very interesting. I have not made up my mind yet but I think I will buy a few TK items.

The history is history and we cant deny it. What happened really happened. Items with history, good or evil will continue to fascinate me.

I hope Im understood corretly.

Cheers,
    "Felix" - N. Hansson
    Last edited by Felix; 10-28-2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

All the camp haters, if you find anything from one please let me know because I'll buy it!!

I have no problem owning anything from a camp or person! all camp items are just as significant as a trench fighter item, I own allot of camp items,,, workers uniforms,documents,books,Vet's items,patches,rare written reports... etc...

if it burns your pride to own or learn more about what really happened to all Nations, people, lives you really shouldn't collect German items at all!!!

Every time I go to a show I have people think just because a ribbon bar or? is German they have something to due with Camps, and Murder! these are the people who know nothing about History and collecting military items. so if your to moral not collect items of History, and that includes Camp items, you should stick with knitting.

so if you have anything from a Camp, please let me know!! I'LL TAKE THEM!! Matter of fact I just got in a Polish Camp workers uniform with patch and so on, it is a speckle white and blue Rare set!

thanks greg koepp

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Koepp View Post
        All the camp haters, if you find anything from one please let me know because I'll buy it!!

I have no problem owning anything from a camp or person! all camp items are just as significant as a trench fighter item, I own allot of camp items,,, workers uniforms,documents,books,Vet's items,patches,rare written reports... etc...

if it burns your pride to own or learn more about what really happened to all Nations, people, lives you really shouldn't collect German items at all!!!

Every time I go to a show I have people think just because a ribbon bar or? is German they have something to due with Camps, and Murder! these are the people who know nothing about History and collecting military items. so if your to moral not collect items of History, and that includes Camp items, you should stick with knitting.

so if you have anything from a Camp, please let me know!! I'LL TAKE THEM!! Matter of fact I just got in a Polish Camp workers uniform with patch and so on, it is a speckle white and blue Rare set!

thanks greg koepp
        I Would love to see the uniform. Any pics Gregory?

Comment

And I don't collect anything related to the B17 Bomber pilots

Comment

Wahrheit

Dropping bombs on defenceless Women and Children is a terrible thing. Especially when they are from Magnesium. The heat from these bombs was so intense they melted brick and created firestorms starved for oxygen. This oxygen was pulled from bomb shelters suffocating the inhabitants.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
              And I don't collect anything related to the B17 Bomber pilots

oh boy Robert. dont open that can of worms. theres been many a discussion on how it was alright to instantly wipe out thousands of Japenese in a few seconds. dont forget "We Americans can do no wrong." ALL GOVERMENTS DO EVIL THINGS! it always has happened and always will...

Glenn

Comment

Nooo worm cans pleease, to tired to discuss all this media sickend crap.
                Last edited by Robert H; 10-29-2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't start comparing the strategic bombing campaign to the Holocaust. The allies weren't the only (nor the first) to bomb the civilian population centers.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                    I certainly wouldn't start comparing the strategic bombing campaign to the Holocaust. The allies weren't the only (nor the first) to bomb the civilian population centers.
                    Burnt to death innocent civilians during many of the bombings or burnt to death/killed people in the kz camps. In both cases innocent people did suffer, wouldnt you agree? I dont think a mother that found her child dead after a bombing raid did realise that this was ofcourse a strategic bombing and therefore excused. Do you?
                    War fare against civilian targets IS a war crime, like the bombings of Dresden and also other places, no matter what we like to think. With that said, there were ofcourse legitimate targets during the so called strategic bomdings.

Neither cases of innocent people being killed can be defended from a moralic point of view.

You just choose to see it from your side. There is allways two sides of every coin.

"Felix" - N. Hansson
                    Last edited by Felix; 10-29-2007, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Right words Felix, as the blinder view and the open minded education leaves alot to be desired.

Comment

Not the same at all and if you can't see the difference then there is no help for you.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                          Not the same at all and if you can't see the difference then there is no help for you.
                          Explain that to the crying mother of her dead child regardless of who or for what reasons the child was killed.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Barbaritz View Post
                            oh boy Robert. dont open that can of worms. theres been many a discussion on how it was alright to instantly wipe out thousands of Japenese in a few seconds. dont forget "We Americans can do no wrong." ALL GOVERMENTS DO EVIL THINGS! it always has happened and always will...

Glenn
                            the atomic bombs only killed 250,000 people.
                            the Japanese had a slogan '8 Million for the Emperor'. these people were prepared to fight until the last man woman and child were killed if the home islands were invaded. the conservative allied estimates were of ONE MILLION allied casualties in the invasion of the home islands.
                            hmmm,seems to me the dropping of the atomic bombs ended the war,and saved upwards of 7 million lives.

Comment

What I find odd about the camp photos is the horror of it does not show on their faces.In much the same way as the thousand yard stare of combat.How can it be turned off?

Comment

Felix, And that is why you have a problem examining history. You have to step back and look at the whole picture. One was a policy of extermination of a race, the other was a policy to win a war. Had we been after the former there would be no Germans today. After all, they lay prostate after their collapse and we could have done anything we wanted. Indeed there were some that wanted to exact revenge and turn them all into farmers tilling the land with no indiginious industry.
                                Had we wanted to erase them we would have but even the Russians, who had a real reason to get rid of them, found it better to keep Germans around.

Funny thing is Hitler tried to do the same thing to the Germans with his order to destroy everything which Speer disobeyed.

The German people backed Hitler and in the end drew the ****ty end of the stick, fact, history, the end. War is hell.
                                pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X