This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Photos at Holocaust Museum

Check out this newly released photo album!
    http://www.ushmm.org/research/collec...schwitz_album/

Thanks for the link , some great photos in this album .

Cheers ,

1)
    Attached Files

Comment

2)
      Attached Files

Comment

3)
        Attached Files

Comment

4)
          Attached Files

Comment

One more...
            Attached Files

Comment

This album has been one of the most talked about items ever on the forum. We have about 8 separate threads on the subject spread over different forums. I can see why people have been excited about this great discovery.

The album was a great find for me too, as I own the 1936 pattern SS dagger of the SS Standartenfuhrer seen in the last three pics

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I emailed the museum and finally got a reply. They said they would be publishing this but dont know when or how.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                  This album has been one of the most talked about items ever on the forum. We have about 8 separate threads on the subject spread over different forums. I can see why people have been excited about this great discovery.

The album was a great find for me too, as I own the 1936 pattern SS dagger of the SS Standartenfuhrer seen in the last three pics

Cheers, Ade.
                  Yeah... Go ahead, Ade. Rub it in

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                    I own the 1936 pattern SS dagger of the SS Standartenfuhrer seen in the last three pics

Cheers, Ade.
                    come on then lets see it!
                    cheers
                    Gary

Comment

Looking at some of these photos of them laughing and joking "after work" makes me feel quite sick..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                        Looking at some of these photos of them laughing and joking "after work" makes me feel quite sick..
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post

It really is. It's mind numbing to know that just hours or days before (and after) these pictures were taken, these individuals were partaking in mass murder on an inconceivable level.

It's so important that items like this photo album are preserved and made public for future generations to study and learn from.

Rob

Comment

Why do we always assume that people who do the 'jobs' or acts we find distasteful are inhumane monsters, devoid of the need to have human interaction or pleasure?

By doing so, we deny the fact that they were mere mortals with all their faults, and not some otherworldly embodiment of devils incarnate

The phrase 'the banality of evil' fits to a 't' the actions of those who perpetuate and enable actions such as the holocaust, in which large numbers of otherwise ordinary people assisted in the bureaucratic challenge of catologuing state sponsored genocide.

Perhaps you would rather see them drunkenly carousing, celebrating the fact that they had been killing Jews, or morosely sitting around a table reflecting on what they had done that day? I am sure there was an element of that, to what extent, we get glimpses of from time to time in the words of those who participated...

I find it curious that pictures sicken some , and yet you collect the various totems of the people who so distress you..one would think that such objects would revile you to such an extent that the mere thought of possessing them would make you as sick ?..

Perhaps these pictures serve as a reminder, that save various circumstances of heritage, birth and nationality, people just like us (with all our good traits as well as weaknesses..) could act in the same manner under the same circumstances, whether we like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Kenwright View Post

I find it curious that pictures sicken some , and yet you collect the various totems of the people who so distress you..one would think that such objects would revile you to such an extent that the mere thought of possessing them would make you as sick ?..

Perhaps these pictures serve as a reminder, that save various circumstances of heritage, birth and nationality, people just like us (with all our good traits as well as weaknesses..) could act in the same manner under the same circumstances, whether we like it or not.
                              I totally agree...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X