• Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Marc,

Nice NCO visor! Looks to be in great shape.
          Jerry

Comment

Mark,

I talked to some of the biggest SS insignia collectors and they said that
            "RZM M1/8" is a 100% original SS eagle marking, and so is the style "8" that is on yours, as well as the other style.
            Congrats! Chris

Comment

I saw the 475/39 eagles listed as bad...how sure of this are we..I now know of at least three that are vet pickups?

Comment

i know that they will definitely have to add 475/39 eagle to the original lists..had two or three back in the early 80 s from a gunshop that included these loose eagles..two waffen officers visor caps and an officers overseas cap,,sadly all gone now...

Comment

Originally posted by billbert
                  i know that they will definitely have to add 475/39 eagle to the original lists..had two or three back in the early 80 s from a gunshop that included these loose eagles..two waffen officers visor caps and an officers overseas cap,,sadly all gone now...
                  Here are pix of my 475/39...note how the reverse is different then the accepted bogus patterns...IE the fake 475 eagles I have seen (I have not seen a 39 dated fake but have seen fakes dated in the 40s) have the prongs attached in three places..also the prongs are of a different style...on this example you can see that the prongs (which are now gone) were "split prongs":
                  Attached Files

Comment

reverse...what is interesting is that the front is very similar to the fake style that came out in the 1980's en-masse..but the reverse is different:
                    Attached Files

Comment

My speculation is that this style is original and is the basis used for the repros that we see around, but that the type of method used to attach the prongs was too much effort so they used other methods as found on fakes:
                      Attached Files

Comment

detail:
                        Attached Files

Comment

detail two:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Donnerwetter!

Dear Colleague, interesting images, indeed. Your empirical observations are very sound, I think. I do not know what to say. I know Sayle F. has strong feelings on this score. I also note that the list that stands at the head of this long file has been ruptured somewhat with new empirical and factual assertions. Thanks for the images.

Comment

just to add to the comfusion my recollection of the ones i had were 3 prongers..

Comment

Comfusion

Originally posted by billbert
                                just to add to the comfusion my recollection of the ones i had were 3 prongers..
                                Dear Colleague, I join you happily in a like state of comfusion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X