WSS caps eagle and tk marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Gary,
    I am lucky today since I saw in the new thread the Assmann skull I was missing (as I said previousely, I didn't know there was only one since none is shown in mines - re-print or not). This is the good part. The bad part been to have to buy once more another (re-print or not) including this missing page!!
    What is the re-print edition?
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

I agree 100% with Gary. Any future comments that anyone makes in reference to the discussion of 155 & m1/17 codes must be made in this thread here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...threadid=22149

Any comments that should be in that thread but are posted here will be removed so make it count people and put it where it's supposed to go.
      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

and what is with SS 223/39 RZM ?

Hello Forum I'm new here,
        but I need an opinion about eagle and skull with such a ss contract number.
        They are in 800/1000 silver stamped (shin and right wing).
        A jeweler confirms me that that is genuine silver.
        Are fakes in genuine silver known ?
        Thank's for help.
        Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
        - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Hi there!
          Sorry to break the news to you but the silver insignia is probably the most faked of all types and they are most definitely, the least trusted. Almost no one will even touch them.
          (Like the Anit-Partisan badges, not much is known about them.)
          Anyway, just from the information you've given, I doubt they are real. Pictures would help but I don't think those markings ever existed on real SS insignia nor, do I believe that any real skulls were ever marked "SS" and furthermore, I do not believe that a silver skull would have been marked 1000.
          A friend of mine has a real one that he got from a vet and it's an Assmann skull and is marked either 800 or 900 but I don't remember which. I will try to get some pictures of it sometime and post for you guys. It is without question, 100% authentic.
          Hope this help. Thanks! Chris
          Last edited by SScollector; 04-09-2003, 03:32 PM.

Comment

strassburger
            welcome to the forum, if you have pictures of them I will be happy to post them for you as you will not be able to at this time, send me a pm with your e-mail address and i will get back to you.
            chris,
            same as above if you can get pictures I will post them for you,
            cheers,
            gary

Comment

Thanks Gary!
              It will be near the end of this month when I see him again
              but I will try my best to get some pictures. I will let you know.
              Also, is there a file size limit for you or a file size that you would like to keep the pics close to because it is very difficult for me to adjust the size very much as the high quality camera that I hope to be using takes really good pictures and will probably be around 300kb - 500kb each. Is that OK?
              Thanks again, Chris

Comment

223/39...

Hello and thank you Garry.

I put pics of the insignias in several other forum but you are the first to answer itself.
                You can see the badges under this reference:

http://daggers.infopop.net/2/OpenTop...1&m=6253096017

Thank 's for your help.

Pascal.

Comment

"SS" ?

Hello Chris,

I do not agree with you when you say that the original insignias are never marked with "SS".

It seems to me that page four of this same chapter one sees a SS eagle marked SS 499 42 .

I found exactly the same TK as mine page 3 of the chapter, but one answer that it is a fake because it's marked : "800" but I find this argument insufficient.

Regards,
                  Pascal.

Comment

Hi Pascal,
                    First, I did not say that I didn't believe that any SS insignia were ever marked "SS"
                    I said that I didn't believe that any real skulls were ever marked "SS" (only eagles).
                    Personally, I feel that your insignia are reproductions but again,
                    this is just my opinion. Both pieces look cast to me.
                    If I am able to post some pictures of the real silver Assmann skull, you will then be able to see the differences for yourself.
                    Thanks! Chris
                    Last edited by SScollector; 04-10-2003, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I have not been following this thread from the start, just looking at it every once and a while, I will have to pull down my eagles and skull and look at them, a comment was made about the silver marked pieces and I have heard that any silver marked pieces would not have an RZM mark as the RZM frowned upon those private purchase items. Is that true , has anyone else heard that?
                      Gary,
                      Did you start a thread on metal eagles? I might have missed it,
                      Dave J
                      DaveJ

Comment

Sorry

OK Chris ans sorry,
                        it was a misanderstanding,
                        thank's for your help, I'm waiting your pics.
                        But I find odd that "SS" markings are found on the eagle and not on the TK if it is the same manufacturer who made them ?
                        Regards,
                        Pascal.

Comment

Yes Dave J, if I'm not mistaken, that is true.
                          My friend's silver Assmann skull is only marked "800" or "900"
                          as well, (although, I can't remember which) but that is all it's marked.
                          The pin attachment is different from any of the other types seen as well and it has large pins.
                          These are quite heavy but they should still be die struck.
                          Also, real silver SS insignia are impossible to find.
                          These are super rare and if you could ever find someone that would trust one, they would be worth a lot of money.
                          Hope this helps. Thanks! Chris

Comment

No problem Pascal,
                            I just wanted to say that I am sharing my opinions with you all in hopes that they might be somewhat invaluable and I hope that more will do the same. That does not mean that I, or anyone else, can't be wrong.
                            The way I see it, there are no 100% experts in this field because there is not much documentation available and most of what we have to go by is just studying originals that were brought back from vets and I don't think anyone knows everything.
                            Anyway, as to the eagles and skulls being marked differently by the same maker, I too find this strange but the only eagle and skull marking that I have ever seen that match exactly is;
                            Deschler's "RZM M1/52" which can be found on eagles or skulls.
                            There may be more but this is the only one that I know of.
                            Thanks! Chris

Comment

EAGLES

Please examine 2 original IMO eagles which Gary will kindly attach,I would like to hear,who you you think may have manufactured these , and any other comments,no you cant see the backs until I get some input from you!
                              Your thoughts please ,
                              kind regards
                              Martin

Comment

martins eagles 1
                                Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X