Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP & all, You ask what others think,well I feel having taken all
    inputs into account, that indeed I think that it is fair and logical
    to compare the manufacture of cap insignia,with other period metal insignia / buckle production as you have pointed out.
    It seems to be the most solid source of information available.As for the numbers deal, I really dont know what to think, maybe
    the point is , there are some people with different agendas!
    Chris, if I may be so bold , read back thru the thread again,
    I think your missing a bit.
    Thanks for your help,Rick,JP,Gordon.
    Martin

Comment

Martin, what did I miss? Thanks! Chris

Comment

visor cap eagle

Gary I had previously emailed you re hat i now see is a visor cap eagle. I have seen many examples photos on the site since then. My eagle seems different. It is solid silver, not hollowed out, pretty flat with extremely sharp details on all o it. Foe wxample even the details on the eagles head are very sharp and clear. There is one mark on the reari=under the pin that drops down and then can be locked up, on a clamp on the back too. that mark is a large letter A and the horizal part of the A extends a little out in front of the front of the A and past the other side. Is the eagle original ? It is a vey nice heavy quality etc. E
        Gary this isan addumum to this first parts of my message above to you. I have just looked thru all 12 pages on the site. Here are some more differences in my eagle. It has long and more slim wings, AND the leading edge of the two wings extend from the body all the way to the tip, very sharply and distinctly. The eagle actually looks completely as a proper eagles body should look, moch slimmer and longer than the others, n=very proportionate. The wings how ever are not in the same proportion as the body, They are longer than the y should be, slim and all markings are very distinct and sharp. I am trying to get a picture on the site. I will go to a large gun show this weekend and shouild be able to buy the proper books on Nazi medals and eagles, every thing.

Ernie
        Last edited by Ernie Hupperich; 08-19-2003, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Ernie,
          Need to see a good scan front and back,
          Cheers,
          Gary

Comment

ss -capeskull and eagle m1/17

Do M/17 ss cap skull and eagle also exist authenticly ?Are there kopies that look exactly as the real ones; or is there no doubt about this number?? Has somebody a real M1/17 picture?
            Can somebody help me??
            Thanks in advance.
            Ben

Comment

Ben,
              first of all welcome to the forum, do you have pictures of the item in ?

reading your post do you mean m1/17 or just m/17?

cheers,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                Ben,
                first of all welcome to the forum, do you have pictures of the item in ?

reading your post do you mean m1/17 or just m/17?

cheers,
                Gary

Dear Gary,

Thanks for your wellcome words to me as a new member!
                sscap skull- and eagle number are M1/17.( first time I forgot the 1)

Because of scannerproblems I cannot give pictures yet, but I will later on.Some questions I would like have yet, so I, as a starter-collector know about differences in generally features;
                - Do M1/17 also exist authentic WW2 or are they fantasy?
                -Are M1/17 copies hard to recognize; look they sometimes as real ones?
                -Can somebody give me pictures of authentic M1/17 if they exist, specially the side interest me because mine have an interesting fabricage
                of die-stamped silverplating and gray metal.

Tanks, BEN

Comment

Hello Ben,

M1/17 was not used on the originals. It is believed that some of these
                  are reproductions that were made by the original manufactures.
                  They are very good but still detectable.
                  Hope this helps. Thanks! Chris

Comment

Can someone tell me if these are good?? I believe it is, as I have seen no mention of the M1/8 number in any previous posts.

Thank you.

Marc
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark!

The "M1/8" eagles are one of the questionable eagle types, (like the "M1/17" marked eagles and the "394/35" marked eagles).
                            Some say yes and some say no. I don't think anyone can prove if they are real or not. They do look nice, as do the M1/17 and 394/35 eagles, but I have my doubts. However, that is just my opinion and they might be real.
                            Whether they are authentic or not, they are certainly die struck, as are the M1/17 eagles and the 394/35 eagles. However, that does not mean that they are real.
                            I have examined all three of these questionable eagle types in person and they are all lightweight and thin like the originals but they all have a few things that differ from the known originals eagle types.
                            The biggest difference, is the color of the material, as you can see.
                            Also, this is the first M1/8 that I have seen marked like yours
                            and one thing that looks very odd to me, is the "8".
                            It looks like a calculator style "8". Has anyone ever seen this type of number
                            style used on any piece of Third Reich militaria? Best, Chris

Comment

Mark, could you post a picture of the back of the 499/41 skull?
                              Thanks! Chris

Comment

Thank you for the comment on the eagle. I can assure you that this one is original….

For obvious reason I cannot take a picture of the back of the TK! Taking the eagle of the cap was already a sacrilege!! But I was really curious to see the back of the real stuff.

The ouwner says that this cap was found in September 1945 in a hotel used by the Germans and Belgian collaborators on the Rogier Square in Brussels. I have been chasing this item for 13 years without ever seeing it. For all this time there was just “ Yes Marc, somewhere we still have something from the Germans but I had no time to look for it but I promises, I’ll look for it…”

Marc
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 49 users online. 0 members and 49 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X