Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO its not a part of an optical device, for me it looks like as a homemade monocolar. The code "fvs" is from the bycicle devision EXCELSIOR and the optical piece is from an binoculars.
    But maybe I'm wrong and somone have an other idea or information.

Comment

saulius
      I have part from the optical device. Help to find out, from what device this part?
      Never seen thistype of item before , new to me . Any history or clues ?

nzef1940
      Here is a less sexy recent score, however I am told short serial nos are rare?
      Never seen as low a number before - I would consider them a good buy - one of my best is a 7x50 D.glas - bought for a song , worn covers but a killer optically .

Comment

Binoculars (on the way)

I'm reading with interest the posts here, as I have "found" optics. My optics collection is growing slowly & have done a deal for these rln 10 x 50. Not in my hands yet, but on the way!
        Attached Files

Comment

Another view. I like late war things.
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice bino, the grey color is still in good condition.
            On the pics you see "your" bino before it was cleaned.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Well, things go around, I guess. They are now "like new" optically. As I said, I dont have them yet, but should be "home" by the end of the week.

best,..Robert

Comment

Sigi, you have "met" this rln set before ?

Comment

No, it wasn't in my collection. This bino was sold by eb.. !!!

Comment

Originally posted by behblc View Post
                    saulius

Never seen thistype of item before , new to me . Any history or clues ?
                    I cannot tell about this optics of anything any more … I Can add more detailed photos only.

Comment

WOW! Very nice collections!

I am a fan of German U-boats and optics.

I am Spaniard. I find this article in the web. I hope result interesting to you

UZO: il binocolo telemetrico in uso sui battelli tedeschi della seconda guerra mondiale

Do you help me to find more information of this device, UZO?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

A link very interesting

Un art******237;culo que os resultar******225; interesante: Se trata de las marcas de identificaci******243;n de fabricante en los dispositivos ******243;pticos alemanes en la SGM:

A document very interesting:

CODE LETTERS FOR NAME OF MANUFACTURER FROM WWII GERMAN OPTICAL ...

And a slideshow:
                        http://news.webshots.com/slideshow/266520410eOmMDS
                        Last edited by Jan7; 06-25-2007, 06:24 AM. Reason: Append link

Comment

What is asked.

It is amazing what somedealers will ask for and describe thier optical items as being.
                          Yesterday I saw a set of tuna can beh 7x50 , no case - just the binocular for sale at a militeria show in Co. Down.
                          I asked "How much ?" and nearly "fell of the chair2" when I was told £970.
                          When I asked the dealer if he was sure he said again £970 and the last pairs he had seen had all sold for similar money - I told him that about £175 would be top mark on them and he dismissively told me that if I would find them for that I should buy them.

"Submarine glasses" was his description.

Comment

Kriegsmarine bmk optic

Hi all!

I have aquired these quite cute but unusual KM bmk optics. Has anyone seen any of these before or perhaps has a period photo of them in use?

I have a larger single lense bmk Flak Optic in my collection already and they share the same 4x15* markings.

Unfortunately there are only a few references to bmk in Seeger's book, but these are not covered.

They have flip open eye cups (similar to my other) and they also have a couple of unusual mounts. The silver one at the rear moves slightly up and down and is threaded. Then there's the unusual mount at the top of the optic and I have no idea what that is for!

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Max
                            www.atlantik-pirat.com

ps.. please check out my site to see a few different optics!

Last edited by Max; 06-25-2007, 07:56 AM.

Comment

An unsual item Max and a nice set to own .
                              Thanks for the look at them , some form of sight - is there a range scale or cross hair in them ?
                              If possible Max could you post up a photo of your other bmk optic - always good to see something new and different.

james S.
                              Last edited by behblc; 06-25-2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Hi James

I also thought they may be some form of aiming sight, but there are no cross hairs or scales through the lenses. They certainly bolted to something though..

This is my other bmk. It's about twice the diameter of one side of the twin optic and twice as heavy! It has cross hairs and filters. I believe that this one is from a U-boat Flak gun.

Oh, sorry for the poor pics. My camera's rubbish!

Cheers!

Max
                                www.atlantik-pirat.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X