Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last pic..
        Attached Files

Comment

Wauuuuu

You have very very nice binos much of them I wish to have !!

I think its a good moment to show the gasmask for the gasmask bino
          Attached Files

Comment

Mike,
            Nice collection of bino's!
            The gas mask bino's are on my list of binoculars to get, but they are getting harder to find and are pulling in big dollars now.

Siegfried,
            Thanks for posting the gas mask as it helps to show why the gasmask bino's have the rubber eyecups, etc.

So much good stuff out there and so little money to buy it with.....

Here's a couple of bmj Dialyt's I have, 10x50 and 7x56. Sometimes associated with Panzer crews......

Cheers,
            Brett
            Attached Files

Comment

Bottom covering has come off the 7x56
              Attached Files

Comment

I think its a good moment to show the gasmask for the gasmask bino[/QUOTE]

Nice, i have never seen one of these, very interesting (if somewhat S&M looking!)

Brett, I will be in touch if I find another pair of Gas Mask 7x50's.

cheers

Mike

Comment

Gas Mask

Seigfried , I just watched "Pulp Fiction" last night
                  never saw anything like this before , yes very S&M looking , not that ( cough) I would errr, (cough) know anything about that. ( voice lowering ).

Seriously a strange piece of kit , anything to say what branch of service or maker ?

I hope you have not tried it on

Never fails to amaze what does turn up.
                  I had assumed that it would be the standard gas mask they would be used with.

Comment

nzef1940
                    Here are some more of mine, note the gasmask set that again has had the eagle removed, a bloody rare M.A.Z.A set to boot!
                    I agree , a very rare set , a great pity that someone decided to deface them , still a very rare item and a great find.

I must try for a set at some stage - never have had one before.

Thanks for the bmj's Brett - I had a set od 10x50's in them until a while back - I sold it - fungal growth in the occular lens which could not be cured.

The covering on them are always a weak point IMO. but a nice bright and very light weight set.

Comment

gasmask

This kind of mask was used only by coastelartillery units and maybe by the artillery on the big battleshipps. Only the observers (gasmask bino, rangemeter) used this mask.
                      Its a great pice for halloween, the kids love it
                      Attached Files

Comment

gas MAsk

I sincerely hope you don't have a friend with a chopper called "Z".
                        Must be a very rarely seen item , looks very science fiction like.

Comment

No I'm alone

As I got the mask my first idea was how it is to use the mask and look trough the bino. After 10 minutes I gave up, I was to greazy to bring the bino exact to the mask. I need a second to connect the bino with the mask and than it works but alone a never ending story!!

Comment

MA.Za 495

Hi; Any Idea what 495 means.Keeping a data base of Gas Mask "unit" numbers.If anyone would care to share numbers,please contact me.Thanks,Chip

Comment

M.A.Za means Marine Artillerie Zeugamt.
                              You could find gasmask binos also with markings like:
                              Artl and a number,
                              Flak (Küste) and the number,
                              blc

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
                                Bottom covering has come off the 7x56
                                I haVve a question regarding this type of binos asociated with panzer crews. Did some of this type of binos have the optics adjustment right on the top, that is where the eylets are?

Soy for the description of the question i just doent know how to call the part that goes agianst ones eyes when looking throuth the binos.

I have a pair that are exactly the same but with the range adjuster right on the area described above forming kind of a link between the two eye pieces. they are Hensold 10X50 with serial number 28153.

Are this WW2 issue?

Here is the link to a picture of my bino and relic cabinet

http://p207.ezboard.com/fmexjoeheads...picID=15.topic

the binos in question are the second from right on the middle shelf from the first picture
                                Last edited by Jaime Sadurni; 09-11-2006, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X