X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint

Dear gents,

Very nice bino's over here...but: does anyone of you know what kind of black paint the Zeiss Jena plant used (and still uses) on their black bino's (glossiness, enamel or?...)

Would be interesting to know...

Bregds.

Comment

Schrumpflack = wrinkle lacquer.

Comment

Hello all very nice items posted. Here are 2 pics of the "blinker" set. Pardon my lack of knowledge again but can someone explain just what the purpose of these bins are and what makes them so collectable. Regards Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Top view. Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

Contribution to this interesting thread
            Last edited by François SAEZ; 07-06-2008, 04:23 AM.
            Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Nice photograph

François , a very interesting photograph , cheers !
              Being the owner of a set with the benutzer type shown I am always interested in photographs showing similar sets.

Has anyone ever seen one of the rubber "jackets" shown on the binoculars ?
              Even in a decayed state ?
              If anyone has details of their construstion please post them up, to the best of my knowledge the "jacket" is extinct , none have surived.
              Below a close up of the rain guard.
              Attached Files

Comment

Never seen the rubber jackets in real life! They certainly are rare and I think extinct as well! Many bino's with these jackets are shown in contemporary pics so there must be someone that has one at least....any one else seen these before in collections?
                Interesting in the pic above is that there appears to be two types, one ribbed and one smooth.
                Thanks Francois for the pic, always interesting to see contemporary pics of the u-boat bino's!

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
                  Interesting in the pic above is that there appears to be two types, one ribbed and one smooth.

Brett
                  Front side is ribbed (four fingers)and the backside is smooth (the thumb)

Comment

Thickness

The actual jacket must have been quite thick , anyone have any idea which firm made them ?

Would love to know if at least one example was still around.

Comment

Photo

I scanned this photo to send to a friend and fellow collector, might be of interst to those who have looked over this thread.
                      Of interest - the rubber jacket and the transit cases, mostly likely for the binoculars seen hanging waiting to be cleaned.
                      One major seller on eBay tried to tell me tell me that this set and benutzer combination did not exist
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello I sent the above Uboat pics to my friend the optics collector. He doesnt recall ever seeing an exact type as pictured. He did however send me these pics, hes not sure if these are postwar manufacture or not. Regards Bill
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by hs132; 10-16-2006, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Pic.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Optics

Hi

The bino you post pictures of is from Zeiss production in the 60s.
                            They still make that model and its called Zeiss 7x50 BGA.

Andy
                            Last edited by AndyC; 10-17-2006, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Optics

Hi guys

Here is my latest bino find from last week.
                              I bought it from a 85 year old man who had have it since may 1945.
                              It was given to him by a german seaman who surrender in the harbor of Ystad in south Sweden in may 1945.
                              It is in nice condtion.

Andy
                              Attached Files

Comment

Optics

pic2
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X