CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gene View Post
    Killer 'chute Kevin, I've been after a complete one for a while now.
    Thanks, Gene. But my "dirty little secret" is that the canopy is missing from mine Still looks great stuffed and displayed, though.

Comment

Did they remove the chute canopy to prevent people from actually useing the parachute? I once bought a parachute for a T38 and it had the shroud lines and canopy removed as well as the center locking device that all the straps locked into

Comment

Are the elastic straps hooked to the tray? If so, maybe the reason for it is so the elastic straps won't bunch up the chute pack and prevent the chute from deploying, my best guess anyway

Comment

Official Leathercombination heatable

Here is a late war official leathercombination as worn by fighter- and divebomberpilots in 1944/45, also known as the "Reichsverteidigungs-combination". This is a early combination of high quality leather and with pushbuttons.

Guido

Comment

Guido, you're killing me! I have been looking for this set as well!
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Heatable 2piece cloth combination

Here is the heatable clothcombination, used by nearly all kinds of flying personals of the Luftwaffe, but often associated with the night-fighter divisions.

Gene, you could get my leathercombination in exchange for a 2piece summer and a 2 piece southfront combination .

Guido

Comment

Originally posted by uhu219 View Post
                Here is a late war official leathercombination as worn by fighter- and divebomberpilots in 1944/45, also known as the "Reichsverteidigungs-combination". This is a early combination of high quality leather and with pushbuttons.

Guido

Hello, most desirable grouping. Your pants have the more unique front pocket flap button/snap configuration. Best, Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

yes, I realy like this configuration with pushbuttons, too !

I saw that you also have some very, very nice sets of flyingcombinations, my gratulation to this fine stuff !

Regards,
                  Guido

Comment

Gene, you could get my leathercombination in exchange for a 2piece summer and a 2 piece southfront combination
                    I don't have any flight gear to trade but I have a lot of other stuff! Click on the link below
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hi Bill,

yes, I realy like this configuration with pushbuttons, too !

I saw that you also have some very, very nice sets of flyingcombinations, my gratulation to this fine stuff !

Regards,
                      Guido
                      Hello Guido, thanks. Im still on a life long search for the "Great White". Here are some pics showing both pocket types together. Bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

These are pics from Axel Urbanke's Green Hearts Dora 9.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I found this pic also in his book and shows a group of relaxing pilots. On most of their flight pants the front pocket or pockets have removed to expose an easier access to the flares. Bill
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
                            Hello Guido, thanks. Im still on a life long search for the "Great White". Here are some pics showing both pocket types together. Bill
                            A fantastic picture, Bill, such ones are ALWAYS welcome !

The "great white", yes, who is not searching for it . It´s the "flying dutchman" under all the flying jackets, as more years went by without any sign of existence of this phantom, I more and more get the feeling that all the wartime picture of it have to be havily faked after war to confuse the collectors !

Best,
                            Guido

Comment

Hello Guido, I have a question. On your front pockets, inside and at the bottom panel. Do you have washers or holes for ventilation? Bill

Comment

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
                                Hello Guido, I have a question. On your front pockets, inside and at the bottom panel. Do you have washers or holes for ventilation? Bill
                                Sorry Bill, what means washers ? here are 2 holes on each bottom panel, without a special seam stiching around them. Does this attempt your question ?

Guido

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X