Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gene
    Do you have any photos that shows those gloves worn by aircrew members?

Very nice gloves Robert

Andreas

Originally posted by Gene
    Robert,

Yes they are aircrew but of course could have been used by ground personnel. Nice pieces!

Gene
    Looking for luftwaffe pilot/aircrew portrait photos with flight equipment.

Comment

Thanks Gene and Andreas

I too was wondering as to whish aircrew members would have worn these items. Maybe gunners in exposed positions? I did a test drive in my car whilst wearing these gloves and I had no problems operating the various controls...

Regards,
      Robert

Comment

I don't have any photos handy at the moment, maybe someone else might?
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Unit Emblem on Fiesler 156 Recon Plane

Hi Guys, I hope you can help. I have searched various books and sites about the unit emblems on Luft planes and I cannot find this one. I know it is on a Fiesler 156 landing in Dobromino, Russia in August of 1941. It was doing recon for the 29th ID, a part of Panzergruppe Guderian. I cannot find anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas
          Attached Files

Comment

Here´s some photos of my one man life raft,
            the bag is marked with a Fl nr.

Andreas
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 01-28-2009, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The makers label on the raft
                    Attached Files

Comment

The rafts inside are usually all "BAL" Luftwaffe marked type and
                      specially designed for, as well as the inflatible life wests which were also often preferred by kriegsmarine sailors as they seemed to be better than then one model infletible KM version they had.The Luftwaffe wests worn by sailors (mostly U-Boat crew) were usually marked with an "M".
                      Back to the rafts, the outer packs there are many variations designed for the Luftwaffe and that one model for the Kriegsmarine you have, by the way I don`t know if the Luftwaffe and Heer called their water or sea related items "Marine"-Ausrüstung" as fas as I know the word "Marine" is strictly connected to the Kriegsmarine, or in our days to the Bundesmarine.I `can`t think of anything combined in the Heer,Luftwaffe or Waffen-SS using the word "Marine...".The Luftwaffe was usually marking and gave all their issue items a "FL" number...however they way an item went is often unfathomable...
                      Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 01-28-2009, 06:52 AM.

Comment

My question is if all these boats were only inflated by a cylinder..?
                        I saw one of those bags containing a boat and a footpump only..
                        What is the use of a footpump when landing at see ?

I'm puzzled.

Jos.

Comment

Fake mirrors on Ebay.. !

Jos.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 01-28-2009, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Why would someone fake this specific item? If I was faking something I would at least attempt to copy an item that had a decent sized market - is the market really that big for this?

Maybe they figure they only need to sell a few at a high price to make some money... this feel a bit odd not that I disagree with the "old hares"

Regards,

John

Comment

John,

You're going to be spinning your wheels for years to come if you try and rationalize why these azzholes fake this stuff. When I lived in Germany, at every militaria show I attended in Germany, France and Belgium, the Czech guys were there with their fakes. If there's a buck to be made, they'll fake it. They don't need to make a ton of them, just enough to sell at a show or intermittently on ebay. They also make the red/yellow skullcaps and flare bandoleers for flight gear collectors as they know how rare they are (like a genuine Blendspiegel).

Gene
                                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X