JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6701-2
    Attached Files
    Looking for luftwaffe pilot/aircrew portrait photos with flight equipment.

Comment

bwz
      Attached Files

Comment

inside
        Attached Files

Comment

I thought this was pretty cool. Like a "then and now" photo.
          Attached Files

Comment

And here together with a couple of other masks.

Regards
            Andreas
            Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding Andreas, love the side by side black and white pics!
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hi Andreas

As usual your collection is always nice to look at.

Andy

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, guys

Andreas

Comment

Very nice catch, Andreas !

Only.. the b&w pic is showing your 6701 compared to a 10 86 " bomber " type mask..
                    The figther mask itself is made outoff 2 parts, while the "bomber" is only one part and this one is the later 10 86 type IMO.

Jos.

Comment

Thanks for the positive reply Jos

About the photo, I acctually never thought about it being a different typ of mask, but offcourse you are right.
                      I wonder why the difference in design between the "fighter" (two parts) and "bomber" (one part) masks?

What in the photo tells you that it´s an 10 86 mask. I have only seen one 10 86 mask, but it was a ground found mask in bad condition.

Regards
                      Andreas

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                      Very nice catch, Andreas !

Only.. the b&w pic is showing your 6701 compared to a 10 86 " bomber " type mask..
                      The figther mask itself is made outoff 2 parts, while the "bomber" is only one part and this one is the later 10 86 type IMO.

Jos.

Comment

Very nice equipment, Andreas! You are very lucky. I've never even seen one of those masks, other than in photos.

Comment

Originally posted by norwest View Post
                          I was watching this on ebay, somewhat interested. Sold for 670 euro Is it really worth that??

--Kevin

WOW, that is alot of clams for this. Someone wanted it real bad. I beleive this is a plotting board, most likey for flights over sea, the channel, etc. I have the US version and a USN plotting board, so I am only assuming that this is what it is.

Comment

Thanks Kevin. Yes, I got very lucky with this mask. Ebay sleeper

Andreas

Originally posted by norwest View Post
                            Very nice equipment, Andreas! You are very lucky. I've never even seen one of those masks, other than in photos.

Comment

Awesome

What an awesome display of Luftwaffe O2 masks. Thanks for sharing them Andreas.

Comment

Not as spectacular as an O2 mask, but I was happy to find this compass variation with the red orienting arrow ends (and extension strap). I now have all the variations that I know of.

--Kevin
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X