MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft flight equipment

Hi Guys

Regarding the JU88 chair!

If anyone is interested just give me a PM.
    Give me a good trade or a good price and i let the chair go.

I couldt find a good place in my house for it so it is better that it find a new home.

Best saturday cheers

AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
      Hi Guys

Regarding the JU88 chair!

If anyone is interested just give me a PM.
      Give me a good trade or a good price and i let the chair go.

I couldt find a good place in my house for it so it is better that it find a new home.

Best saturday cheers

AndyC
      Hello AndyC,
      I've contacted a guy who knows a lot about planes and who's busy restoring a Ju88..,he explained this isn't a Ju88 chair,nor one coming from another popular plane in his opinion.
      In the light of that he thinks the value is somewhere between 150/300 Euro maybe to the person who might be really interested in items like this.
      This is the info I got from him.

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy F-P View Post
        A ground dug Farbbeutel. Pretty rough but at least it is real!
        Regards,
        Andy
        Yup,these paintbags were found together with a lot of other survival items which belonged in the survival boat,even the boats were there,though in bad shape.
        The ones I saw and owned were still flat and empty,they never had any paint inside.
        All stuff,including O2 masks were found close to a former airfield were it was dumped in the woods under the remains of the buildings etc.
        Most airfields had a so called Werkstatte/workplace where these items were stored and restored.
        I've got some pics from the guys where you can see how the O2 masks were found..

Jos.
        Attached Files

Comment

Many were found this way and in this condition..
          Masks are all late war,1944,as far as I know.
          Straps were all gone,but the buckles and D-rings were there,when lucky the faceflap was still in place and not damaged...,and unfortunately the zink springclamps are always corroded and damaged.
          You can find these masks restored with gasmask straps and nowadays there're very good copies of the springclamps.

Jos.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 11-18-2006, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Farbbeutel

Jos,
            I got mine from the dreaded E-Bay about five years ago for £15. So I was happy with the price. It was allegedly taken during a 1970's dig from Ju88A-1 Werke nummer 8095 that belonged to 2/KG77 and was shot down at Folly farm Dorking, Surrey on 27 September 1940. I don't know about the story but it is definitely ground dug.
            Regards,
            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy F-P View Post
              Jos,
              I got mine from the dreaded E-Bay about five years ago for £15. So I was happy with the price. It was allegedly taken during a 1970's dig from Ju88A-1 Werke nummer 8095 that belonged to 2/KG77 and was shot down at Folly farm Dorking, Surrey on 27 September 1940. I don't know about the story but it is definitely ground dug.
              Regards,
              Andy
              Grounddug it's for sure...,if yours still was filled with paint I assume the story might be true,I think another bag with paint was put inside these bags and then the bag was closed with some glue,but if it was one of the empty ones,I think it was found in Germany in the woods and they made up the story...a empty bag in a Ju88 doesn't make much sense..
              I've mine filled with cotton balls and it displays well,I wouldn't have one filled with paintdust in my collection...,imagine the mess when it breaks open...
              They're rare items though,but hard to keep in good condition,in the light of that one should try to find these items cheap..
              There were quite a lot on Ebay,but few were intact,many had holes caused by tree roots growing through,plus coming outoff the moist soil the bags were a bit of elastic,when dried they get very fragile and difficult to handle....,just my experience.

Here's mine,it's rather intact,but fragile,I just leave it hanging there..

Jos.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 11-19-2006, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Mine is empty and I must say that I am glad about that! It is probably true that this came from Germany then. To be frank, it doesn't bother me where it came from as long as I have one. I have displayed mine with cotton wool balls inside like Jos.

I have seen another one 'in the flesh'. This is at Duxford in Cambridgeshire, England. It is behind glass but has the whole Farbbeutel rather than just the outer casing. Photographs attached. What do you think?

I am always on the look out for a better condition Farbbeutel than the one that I have but it took me years to find this one so I am not too bothered.
                Regards,
                Andy
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Some aircraft recognition stuff, it was used to train Pilots/ flying Personal and Flakmembers !

These Models are from " Wiking Modelle, Berlin " nowadays a famous producer of Modelcars !
                      Scale 1: 200

Recocnition Card

" Wehrpass " of a Flugmelder

Last edited by zeugmeister; 12-03-2006, 03:52 AM.

Comment

And that`s how they used the " Erkennungsmodelle "...

Comment

Zeugmeister thanks for posting this great set

Regards,

John

Comment

Luft flight equipment

Hi

I have this LW compass with exdended belt.

Are this one for winter flying suits or for something else?

AndyC
                            Attached Files

Comment

Luft flight equipment

pic2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Luft flight equipment

pic3
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X