Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO the Spee bells discussed here are nothing more than bells made by someone who makes business with them...I saw many of them sold over the last years.

The are made as a copy to a bell made by the Spee-members in Montevideo and send back to Germany (this is story told behind and the bell of this story is shown the navy museum in Daenholm)

regards
    Christian
    )

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
      IMHO the Spee bells discussed here are nothing more than bells made by someone who makes business with them...I saw many of them sold over the last years.

The are made as a copy to a bell made by the Spee-members in Montevideo and send back to Germany (this is story told behind and the bell of this story is shown the navy museum in Daenholm)

regards
      Christian
      )
      So you have heard this story also ????

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
        Yes, John, I still have my Graf Spee group and some other interesting Graf Spee items. Next time you are out my way, we can look them over. It has been too long since your last visit.

Bob Hritz
        Bob

Any chance of viewing your PS-Graf Spee bell ??

Comment

Graf Spee tally

From what I've read I think I lucked into this one finding it so quickly last weekend
          I think I've got my work cut out for me gathering up the rest of my want list though...
          Let me know what you think!
          Attached Files

Comment

more
            Attached Files

Comment

There's a small cut after the Spee, but its in pretty good shape other than that I think
              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice one Steve, good find
                Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Looks good and nice length

Which other ones are you looking for?

Comment

Thanks guys! This started when I got my last Memel medal, when I started thinking about it I thought that it would be fun and interesting to collect tallys from the ships that were there the day it was given back to Germany. It's been harder for me to find that information out than I thought that it would be, but this is what I've got so far. If anyone has this somewhere, or could direct me to somewhere better to look, I'd really appreciate it!

Panzerschiffe: admiral Graf spee, Deutschland, Admiral scheer? (I've seen the Scheer listed and not listed, so I'm not sure)
                    Kreuzer: Köln, Leipzig, Nürnberg
                    Zerstörer: Leberecht Maaß, Georg Thiele, Max Schultz, Richard Beitzen, Friederich Ihn, Friederich Eckoldt, Diether Von Roeder, Hermann Künne

There were also several Torpedo boats, the only name I've seen referenced is the Leopard

Thanks,
                    Steve

Comment

Very nice. Interesting to see such a distinctive break in the metal thread color.
                      A nice piece and one that should display nicely.
                      Metalfaden threaded tallies are some of my favorite due to the lovely patina they offer.

Best Regards,
                      JustinG

Comment

Possible cotton Graf Spee on Ebay

Seller does not say it is period.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/TOP-Armelband...8AAOSw5VZXA8K1
                        Last edited by John R.; 04-14-2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I spotted this one too, I guess I have learned something in a few weeks. I still haven't seen a "cotton" thread one in real life yet, I'm having trouble with them in photos. The seller of this one says in his description that it "looks original" but he can't offer a guarantee of originality because he's no expert in this field.

Comment

Images for future reference.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Graf Spee

I noticed this one as well. Been watching it and noticed there is only one form of payment also.
                                It's a pretty scary tally.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X